What's the latest on Quest?

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
So a lot of ppl used to rave on Quest. Then they changed their formula and o tried a free sample during that (which I didn't like). I'm reading reviews on Amazon and looks like they possibly changed their formula back? I like to have a bar option for when I really want one, but I don't like the Atkins bars my grocery store sells. Still if that's my best option especially at a certain time each month that's what I go for. Trying to decide if I should order some Quest bars and the reviews are confusing. Anyone know?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No help here. I've never had a Quest Bar I didn't like. Old or new. Don't know if they have brought back the old either. They're like eating cookies or candy to me so I quit buying them after eating 3 (or was it 5) in one day. :/
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

The ones I've gotten lately still have the 'new' formula with Soluble Corn Fibre on the label... BUT I'm in Canada which they switched over much later, so it could be that they are thinking of changing it, but I doubt it. Their website still shows soluble corn fibre (pre-biotic fibre) as the ingredient under question. They confirmed for me via email that it was non-GMO corn, if that matters to you, but that was over a year ago, so if you care you might want to confirm it yourself.
    questnutrition.com/

They taste pretty good, but I definitely do not order the more desserty type like cookies & cream, or rocky road, s'more's, strawberry cheesecake, etc. They are WAAAAY too sweet. I usually only buy the cinnamon roll, lemon creme pie (you either hate this one or love it, lol), peanut butter supreme, coconut cashew, or if I really want fruit - I will get a mixed berry bliss.
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried my first Quest bar yesterday - I can honestly say I felt awful after eating it... sluggish, wanting to nap, it was hard to get thru the day. Today I've been extra hungry and craving... so I don't think it did me any favours. I won't make that mistake again.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Quest is never good to me. I really try to limit myself to one bar, JUST ONE. "I'll only eat one," I say, "Just one," I keep telling myself...but one turns into 3 in one sitting. I think the record for me is 5 bars. I get serious bloating and cramps with Quest. Tastewise- amazing.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Re: tummy issues, etc.... each Quest flavour has a different sweetener profile, so you might want to check that on the labels first if you have a certain type that bothers you... some are sucralose and erythritol, some don't have sucralose and add stevia.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    The ones I've gotten lately still have the 'new' formula with Soluble Corn Fibre on the label... BUT I'm in Canada which they switched over much later, so it could be that they are thinking of changing it, but I doubt it. Their website still shows soluble corn fibre (pre-biotic fibre) as the ingredient under question. They confirmed for me via email that it was non-GMO corn, if that matters to you, but that was over a year ago, so if you care you might want to confirm it yourself.
    questnutrition.com/

They taste pretty good, but I definitely do not order the more desserty type like cookies & cream, or rocky road, s'more's, strawberry cheesecake, etc. They are WAAAAY too sweet. I usually only buy the cinnamon roll, lemon creme pie (you either hate this one or love it, lol), peanut butter supreme, coconut cashew, or if I really want fruit - I will get a mixed berry bliss.

Thanks for the recommendations too. Yeah I don't like overly sweet anymore either. I think I'll try a few you mentioned. What's the deal with the lemon creme? Why love or hate? Funky flavor?
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Quest is never good to me. I really try to limit myself to one bar, JUST ONE. "I'll only eat one," I say, "Just one," I keep telling myself...but one turns into 3 in one sitting. I think the record for me is 5 bars. I get serious bloating and cramps with Quest. Tastewise- amazing.

Good to keep in mind. I'm pretty good about limiting myself to one of these. I always fear the "potty repercussions" if I eat too much processed food like this. Overall I stay away from processed food, but I'm not above using it in moderation.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Some people feel the Lemon Pie one tastes like Pledge, lol and HATE it. But I like the flavour (another friend does too). Then again I am a fan of Thrills gum, which reminds some people of soap since it is flavoured with lavender.
    Depends on your tastes. I'd buy one bar before committing to a whole box. ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Check out Primal Kitchens collagen bars.
    I wouldn't eat a quest bar personally.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the hype about Quest bars. I got one, tried it and tossed it after a third.(cookies and cream). The white chocolate raspberry was marginally better (managed to finish it finally) but not worth the $3-5 per bar. I'll go get some cheese or a Kirkland bar instead.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Based on a suggestion by @RalfLott I like the Raw Rev Glo creamy peanut butter and sea salt bars. Not overly sweet, a nice chew to it if stored in the fridge, and 3g net carbs. Can be bought at Fresh Thyme stores and Amazon.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I have had the Kind bars a couple years ago when I was out hiking with the family but I've not had any of the other bars.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    ^^^^ OMG Kind bars are sooooo awesome that those I will over eat. I personally never have to worry about over eating Quest and they are so generously sized and chewy that I feel I get my money's worth (but I never buy them at full price).
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about the bars, but I saw online once that you can cut them up and bake them into little cookies. I tried it with a smores and I actually preferred that to the original bar.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I like the Kirkland Signature quest knock off bars a lot better. They actually taste good :)
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Hmmm that's interesting! Never heard of that. You mix them with other ingredients?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hmmm that's interesting! Never heard of that. You mix them with other ingredients?

I used to chop up and microwave mine, then add them to my protein sludge mixes.

Example:
    150g whole milk greek yogurt
    40g myprotein chocolate casein
    32g natural PB
    Enough water to make it mixable without throwing out your elbow
    30g Quest Chocolate peanut butter cut up and nuked for 15 seconds first

Put in freezer for an hour.
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love me some choc chip cookie dough quest bars. I could live soley off them if they weren't so expensive. Have never hurt my keto weight loss efforts.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I think the texture is just too playdoh like for me. They are marginally better microwaved. The Cliff clean whey bars aren't a great texture either but I like them better than Quest. Especially the Cookies and Cream ones.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Smoked33 wrote: »
    Love me some choc chip cookie dough quest bars. I could live soley off them if they weren't so expensive. Have never hurt my keto weight loss efforts.

Same here. I do like to microwave them for a few seconds.
    I tried the Kirkland version but didn't like them as well. Plus they have tree nuts my son is allergic to so I prefer not to keep them in the house.