Step Counter/HRM - Do you have one?

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
Hello ladies,

I just want to take inventory on who all has a Fitbit, iwatch, Garmin, etc. Also, taking suggestions on daily/weekly reporting or discussions on to do a friendly competition with these devices. Something that ties us together while we continue our personal workouts.

Thought?

Replies

• jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit!
  • leannamvaughan
    leannamvaughan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the pedometer built in to my phone. I have a Samsung, which has S health that can be a social app with competitions. It's pretty great! I like it better than the IPhone health apps, but still like the iPhone best.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    have a knock of version of the fitbit, and it sucks. Was too cheap to buy the real one (since I am not working right now) and it is basically a step tracker that isn't very accurate. My husband said I just should have gotten the real thing. But absolutely in with something like this.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit!
    Barblopshire@yahoo.com if anyone wants to connect
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    megd44 wrote: »
    have a knock of version of the fitbit, and it sucks. Was too cheap to buy the real one (since I am not working right now) and it is basically a step tracker that isn't very accurate. My husband said I just should have gotten the real thing. But absolutely in with something like this.

You could probably find a cheap regular one but I get the not working thing. Mine doesn't swipe anymore so I can't choose my workouts or anything and the Surge is $250 so clearly I won't be making that purchase...LOL! I think working with what we have is best
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    How can we set this up then with our daily and weekly steps?
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am buying one with my first paycheque!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    megd44 wrote: »

You could probably find a cheap regular one but I get the not working thing. Mine doesn't swipe anymore so I can't choose my workouts or anything and the Surge is $250 so clearly I won't be making that purchase...LOL! I think working with what we have is best

Right?? :) Going to wait and see where I am at and ask for one for our anniversary (June 26) or my birthday. If I start working again in my field will buy one asap. since so much of what I have done is a desk job. My activity level since I left my last job, then took this temp job at a mining site is off the charts for me!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and love it. I was absolutely amazed at how little I moved! I thought I was doing well because I worked out. Was worth the investment for me.
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit surge and love it! I also love not having to think about entering my exercise in MFP because my fitbit does it for me!
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit a few years ago but I stopped wearing it when I got pregnant and lost it. When I was getting back on track with eating and exercising this winter I did some research between getting another fitbit or a Garmin. I decided to get a Garmin because it was a built in GPS and I liked the looks of the vivoactive more than the fitbit personally. Now I'm debating on getting the HRM strap to better gauge me calorie burn. I like the idea of a step challenge however I find I don't walk as many steps now that I am running and doing HIIT workouts. When I was walking for exercise I took more steps. I could stand to get a few more in each day though. lol Ok that's my long story! Oh one last thing the reason that I was really leaning towards getting a fitbit again was that I love the fitbit app and honestly I really love my Garmin but with the new models of fitbit that are coming out it's a hard decision to make.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit knockoff, but no smartphone to connect to it while I'm working out. So the only way to update my info on MFP is to connect the drive to my hubby's computer (really not a good option for me), but I will gladly update info in whatever format is agreed upon. I also have the time to update info regarding weekly weigh ins, steps walked, mileage run, whatever anyone would like, if that is something you would like tracked for the group.
  • MissCarol863
    MissCarol863 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge 2. Love it!
This discussion has been closed.