What's your "SO THAT" statement?

Options
Imagine_if
Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
After reading these web pages:
http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-get-motivation-to-lose-weight.htm
and
http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-break-out-of-a-weight-loss-plateau.htm

I wrote down my “So That” statements. I know some of are sort of shallow, but I’m trying to stay real about it :o:D
Marie.

• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I can be healthy and live a long, healthy life
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I feel lighter and more energetic when I do things such as play with my kids, exercise or just walk up the stair
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT my knees won’t ache when I walk up stairs
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I will have more energy, stamina and sexual drive (for having awesome sex with my husband)
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT when people see me they know I am a person who keeps her word
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I when I shop for clothing I have a wider range of clothing options
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I will be sexually appealing to my husband
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I will believe in myself again and prove to myself that I am capable of changing myself
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I can be an example of successful possibilities, not failure
• I want to lose 123 pounds because it is possible and I want to do the possible things in my life!
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT when I see my parent-in-laws again they will be amazed at the way I’ve transformed my physique (and hopefully be inspired to change too!!)
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT my sister-in-law will feel bad for thinking that I am sloppy and lazy and for thinking that I didn’t have it in me!!!!!
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT when I see my mentor again, she’ll see another excellent accomplishment that I am capable of and be more inclined to hire me for a position at her company
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT I look fit and professional in my dress suits
• I want to lose 123 pounds SO THAT my body won’t bulge out of my clothing
• I want to lose 123 pounds so that I can completely button my dress jackets and other tops

WHAT'S YOUR 'So That'????

Replies

• SteffiLatta
    SteffiLatta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT I feel as good as I did before
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT my blood pressure will go back to normal
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT my favorite means fit again
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT my snoring will stop
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT I can walk w/out wheezing again
    I want to lose the 50lbs I gained back SO THAT my knees will stop creaking when I go upstairs
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Anybody know how to get this group active again? I think there are MANY of us out there that need to find reliable support again!
  • win4ecu
    win4ecu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling. RNY surgery in April 2012. Lowest weight 175 from SW of 305. Now 5 years out I have put on 50 pounds! I hate myself for slipping. I know I need to get back to basics and eat the right things, not indulge so much at happy hour, those type of things......so now what??
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    win4ecu wrote: »
    I too am struggling. RNY surgery in April 2012. Lowest weight 175 from SW of 305. Now 5 years out I have put on 50 pounds! I hate myself for slipping. I know I need to get back to basics and eat the right things, not indulge so much at happy hour, those type of things......so now what??

Hello, I found this group and am looking for connections. I had surgery in 2008 - lowest weight 199 (for 5 minutes) from 335. I stayed steady around 220 for many years, never got to a goal weight or even to stay under 200. In the past couple years, weight is up - a week ago at 249 - yikes! I have been logging my food now for almost a week in preparation for a dietitian appointment.