Surgery date next week

Options
So my RNY Bypass is coming up on May 23, 2017. Any last minute advice? I'm excited and nervous.

Replies

• Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have sleeve surgery scheduled for the same day! I feel the same way! :smile:
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The start of amazing changes coming your way. Last minute advice, Take a small pillow to place between you and your seatbelt on the car ride home.
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    Options
    Mandy_1982 wrote: »
    I have sleeve surgery scheduled for the same day! I feel the same way! :smile:

That is great! I'm excited for you, I hope everything goes well and I look forward to hearing about your journey.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have sleeve surgery scheduled for May 31st! I can't wait to see your progress! :)
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    Options
    @Fenomka how exciting! I'm happy for you and wish you the best with your surgery. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So my RNY Bypass is coming up on May 23, 2017. Any last minute advice? I'm excited and nervous.

Awesome!! Congrats, can't wait to hear about your progress. I am still a few weeks out so be sure to pass on any tips!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Exciting news for all of you!!! Can't wait to hear how you are doing/feeling post op as welll!
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was so glad I had biotin mouth rinse before and after surgery! My mouth was so dry and just a little bit of it really helped. Also, even though most of the gas after surgery isn't in the GI tract, gas X helped with some gas that was in my stomach. I had a little of both kinds, so I was glad I had the gas x strips, even though people said they didnt work. Chapstick was a must, also.

You guys are going to do great! So exciting...keep us posted! :)

• deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Also scheduled for sleeve surgery on the 31st. I look forward to hearing how you all are doing by the time I go in. I'm definitely nervous as well, but I think it's only natural. Good luck to all.
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    Options
    Surgery is tomorrow. I haven't really been nervous until now. I can't wait for this part to be over.
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You will do great! I'm so anxious about it. I bought my chewable vitamins today and I'm getting everything ready for surgery tomorrow.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @MrsCarrieRobinson and @Mandy_1982 you will both do great! Remember it is natural to be anxious but this will be over before you know it!
  • bebek10
    bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this thread's party, so I hope you're doing well in your post-op recovery by now!!
    Fenomka wrote: »
    Congratulations! I have sleeve surgery scheduled for May 31st! I can't wait to see your progress! :)

My vsg is also scheduled for May 31st!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @MrsCarrieRobinson so happy to hear everything went well!
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please friend me. My surgery is end of summer. I'm in a 12 week program with Kaiser. Would love a friend who's been there