Macros

Options
Classyladye
Classyladye Posts: 12 Member
Hello! I had sleeve surgery 2 weeks ago. Eating soft foods and was interested in if anyone knew what our macros should look like. Right now mine is set to:

1200 calories per day (making about 400)
50% Carb
30% Fat
20% Protein

Pretty sure that isn't right and really not even sure I'm eating enough or to much. I burp if I seem like I'm full. Trying to stay in 3 Oz capacity of food. Any and all help would be great even if you don't mind sharing food diaries

Replies

• TracyFalk69
    TracyFalk69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 3/20/17 so i'm on pretty "normal" food now though a half cup is about my max. Talk to the NUT at your surgeon's office to be sure, but I think you should up your protein and set percentages to at least P/F/C 40/25/35. At 990 calories a day that works out to 99g protein, 28g fat and 87g carbs (I'm not eating that many carb, but i could)

I keep my MFP diary open to friends; I'll send you a friend request if you want to peek :) I've only been seriously logging the last week or so but plan to continue from now on.

If you're on Facebook check out the groups "My Bariatric Kitchen & Living Healthy Nutrition" and "My Bariatric Kitchen" - the linked recipe group. They are run by a nutritionist that also had WLS. She wants you to pay for courses, but there are sample menus and recipes you can see for different meals. Also acts as a support group, lots of opinions and advice. That's where I got the Macro info and how to set MFP, try this link; https://issuu.com/mybariatrickitchen/docs/how_to_set_up_my_fitness_pal

And I burp ALOT now, especially when I'm full!
  • Classyladye
    Classyladye Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much glad to have you as a friend