Sweaty Selfies

Options
Lisidy
Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
Let's get a workout thread going. Post a picture from your workout, tell us what you're doing and why you like it. Tell us how your fitness changed since surgery. Tell us anything else we should know about your workout. #sweatyselfie

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Well done hun!

Unfortunately i use the app on my phone and cant work out how to add pics

• Lisidy
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha - your running inspires me. I hope to get to the point where I can run a 5k with friends for fun. Right now that goal still seems unimaginable.

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    @lisidy I never planned on becoming a runner. I ran cross country and track & field in high school...and hated nearly every minute of it. 25 years later I started running again and now I can't stop! You'll get there. Take it slow and easy; slow and steady doesn't win the race, but it will make sure that you finish!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha your arms are amazing!!! I have been working out for so many years but only the past 2 years or so have I been working with a trainer that is helping me focus on my arms too..I have the beginnings of triceps and biceps, plus my wings which are dramatically smaller!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    @jcavanna2 Thanks! I've been very fortunate with my arms. I think it is good genetics...even if I do look like a boy now!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha you are crazy - you look. I thing like a boy :)
  • Lisidy
    Options
    @jcavanna2 - Looking strong!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @lisidy thank you! Unfortunately my daughter woke up as I was getting up and getting ready to leave for the gym and wouldn't let me go..ugh! At least tomorrow I am training and hopefully she doesn't wake up again!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Okay - so here goes -- tumbleweed hair and all! All that matters is I got back to the gym!
  • Lisidy
    Options
    @Lizakabibbis - Way to go! 5am is no joke. :)
  • Lisidy
    Options
    @fit_chickx - You rock! That really is an awesome accomplishment.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Finished my first full marathon 26.2 May 20th. Still recovering. Off my bucket list. Bariatric mistakes were made

rovj8ou2tgno.jpg
    x3zvonbfivas.jpg

I'm planning my first full marathon in December. I can't wait!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha that is AMAZING!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Finished my first full marathon 26.2 May 20th. Still recovering. Off my bucket list. Bariatric mistakes were made

I'm planning my first full marathon in December. I can't wait!

Fantastic! I learned from several bariatric mistakes I made on this run. Many things that I will do differently in the future. Best of luck on your marathon.
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the pic will work. First time back to the gym since surgery. Felt great! :)

c3gjtwyk9yyn.jpg
  • Lisidy
    Options
    @Mandy_1982 - way to get after it!