Fat bombs?

Options
bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
What are your favorite recipes without any sweeteners?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I don't really do fat bombs but in the past I've made truffles which are just dark chocolate cut up and then heat heavy cream till it just bubbles, pour over the chocolate and whisk till it melts all together and looks beautiful, chill in the fridge and when hardened scoop out and roll into balls. sometimes I add mint or raspberry flavor to it. I've seen them done like that with coconut oil as well for the fat bombs
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I dont do them now. When I first started though I did make cheesecake cupcakes with no crust and no sweetener added. Search out "ruled me cheesecake cupcakes " should bring you to the recipe. I just omitted the crust and sweetener but otherwise followed the recipe.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    @bgh707 ...if you can eat fat bombs without sweetener, more power to you. To me fat bombs without some sort of sugar substitute of some kind = BLERGH!!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan. I figure I get enough fat from my coffee cream and meats. My daughter loves them tho and she's lost twice the weight. Well... she also had a baby and is a little bit younger.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 I could totally get into those truffles tho! <3:#
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    When I ate fat for the sole purpose of eating fat to keep my ratios where needed for medically therapeutic ketogenic I just ate measured amounts of coconut oil or MCT Oil by the spoon or mascarpone cheese or cream cheese both of which have very little protein and/or carbs.

Type "savory fat bombs" into a google search. Savory fat bombs seem to be mostly cream cheese as the base. All of them looked tasty. Add ins were things like basil, oregano, pesto, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, olives.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 I could totally get into those truffles tho! <3:#

Yeah I know that's why I rarely make them. They are a treat for me but technically fall in the fast bomb categorie as well
  • Shulyn
    Shulyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The stuff I learn about on here. Some of those look pretty good.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I used to do peanut butter, cocoa, vanilla and coconut oil. I usually added a bit of stevia though because it was generally to fill a candy void for me. A treat and I liked sweet treats.
  • DrCog29
    DrCog29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These suggestions are all really helpful! The savory ones are a bit problematic for me since I don't eat dairy, but it's a really good start!