Hi! New to MFP, VSG scheduled for 5/31 - seeking support buddies/open food diaries

Options
bebek10
bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
Hi All!

I'm new here to MFP, and I'm looking to follow open food diaries of vsg patients with 100+ pounds to lose (or already did and are maintaining their goal weight). I'm not quite sure how to add friends or follow yet, but working my way around to it. LOL

Any pre-op advice, and especially any 1st week post-op advice would be greatly appreciated!

And feel free to add me.

Thanks!

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery date and welcome to MFP. I'm three years out.(120lbs lost) My diary is open.
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...friend request sent :)
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was sleeved 10/5/16 and have lost a total of 93 lbs. I lost 24 prior to surgery. I sent you a friend request.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group! Best suggestion I would make prior to surgery is to get active if you aren't yet, and start forming the habit where you do not drink anything for at least 30 mins before and after eating..that has been one of my biggest struggles when it comes to habit formation.
  • bebek10
    bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Excellent point, thank you for the reminder! I've been struggling to remember to wait 30 mins before and after, but I have remembered to keep my plate and cup separate--only 1 on the table at a time.
  • mmcneil2012
    mmcneil2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm only a month out but if I were to give any suggestions I would say make sure you stick to the preop diet. I felt the smaller portions help me get into the mindset of how I eat now. Also I walked as much as I could after surgery and I felt it gave me a fairly quickly recovery. Best of luck!