May 26 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    l4cn1jy2gwhr.jpg
    This weekend in the United States, we will observe the holiday known as Memorial Day. It was begun after the American Civil War and was declared a holiday after World War 1. Now, it is the unofficial beginning of our summer season. Nonetheless, it is an important time to remember those who have served in our Armed Forces and those who do.
    Rick
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Today started out a bit foggy but I still decided to cycle to work. Fog cleared pretty early so headed out for a run at lunchtime. Got a little way down the road and could see fog coming towards me, thought about turning back but decided to keep going (I find it very hard to turn back once I've started something). Running in the fog was a little chilly although mostly stayed warm through exercise. Once back in the office for about 10 minutes the fog cleared again and the sun came out, it was pretty much just foggy for the time I was running :/
    Tracking and calories both okay.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I was all set to wear my patriotic outfit Mon realized I have off so switched gears and am wearing it today. I love dressing for the holiday and not those crazy boingy things on your head. Lol
    Yesterday I came home exhausted. We were having issues with our computers I was so happy to balance at the end of the night. Have a great day everyone!!
  • misscola
    misscola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 25min of t25 alpha lower focus
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

having been working out to keep myself distracted of what's going on my mind. i wish i be joyful and healthy again. and i know i will be, one day.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 26
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 4km in 39 minutes (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute Step class, 30 minute Pump and Sculpt class, 60 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Two hour walk around the park was such a nice day out, Rain expected tomorrow :(
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 58 minutes of strength training and a 30 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Budget yes
    Exercise yes

Kind of an epic ride, at least for this year.
    2h27m ride time. 1h44m of that climbing. 2451 ft (743m) of climbing. Supposedly 980 calories but I think I got under paid.
    @craigo3154 got me to thinking about my gadgets and all of the software they can interact with so I wore my heart rate chest strap.
    I pushed harder than I have in a while just because I was thinking about what my HR trace might look like. So I ended up getting some "achievements" from Strava. Kinda cool. Strava gives you these little trophy looking things. I do this route repeatedly so time differences are actually meaningful. That PR in bold means Personal Record. So today is the fastest I ever done it. I would say I have done it dozens of times but I only got that Garmin gadget back in October. So this is my improvement since then. Weird kind of obsession but I guess that is what I call fun.
    But I do concede to @craigo3154's argument about the accuracy of heartrate devices and their suitability for measuring exercise calories.
    Picture of my digital trophies followed by heart rate overlayed on elevation plot.
    There is no way my heart rate runs like that on descent. So I think my heart rate record is entirely suspect.

Oh, and I seen some turkeys but I didn't get pictures of them.

drr19myq1oty.jpguoqkl3lotcru.jpg

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Home again. Stayed on track and had a great time visiting with my youngest son and helping my daughter with her 3 mo old baby. Back to work tomorrow. Boo
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My day was on track.
    Went out with my wife's brother's and their wives. Never easy to avoid excess, so I'm glad that my tracking helped me finish about 108 calories under the limit.
    Exercise: 25 minutes easy day walking while watching Billy Crystal and Jack Palance in the City Slickers. It makes me laugh.
    Tracking: ok
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. The aerodyne bike for 20 minutes plus big box store shopping
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Ran for 70 min this am and it felt so much better than when I ran some yesterday. Then walked 20 min. I have turned the corner and looking forward to having healthy lungs fully back.

I have used various trackers but never paid much attention to how many calories it says I burned, for all of the reasons that you all have already mentioned. I like my Garmin forerunner the best (though have taken a break from it for a while), mostly because of the pace reading. Gives me lots of opportunity to do math calculations and adjustments on a long run.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good day today :)
    exercise yes 60 minutes aquamotion
    calories yes
    tracking yes