May 28 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    o59ttpn0tdnl.jpg

We each have a different idea and expectation of how to spend a Sunday or other day off. For me, in the spring, summer and fall, I love to be with kids and horses. Fortunately, my 4 grandchildren live close enough for me to be with them on many Sundays.
    What about you? What makes a Sunday a funday for you?
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Today mom and I are going to the veggie man then we are back to the garage. ;)
    Yesterday I came home and I got a lot accomplished. Laundry is all done I was up past midnight but I put away everything I brought into the house. It wasn't much but it's washed and put away. Here is hoping today is as productive.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 28
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 27 minutes (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Had parents and sister (and nephew) over for Lunch. My parents migrate North for the winter (like USA retirees migrating to South to Florida for the winter). Since both my daughters and my birthdays will be while my parents are away, it was celebration lunch for both of us.

Too much to eat (soup, roast beef, wine, 2 cakes (pavlova and sponge), tea/coffee/cheese & sweets). Didn't need any dinner. When I calculated it all up, amazingly I was still under budget.

Got walk in before people arrived (knew I would not have time after they left).
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this morning, just short of 50 minutes. Was really cold, can tell it's almost winter, wore gloves and my fingers were still cold. The rest of me was plenty warm enough with the exercise though.
    Had a meal at our favorite Thai restaurant tonight, love their fishcakes, just managed to stay under calories so hoping I was reasonably accurate with picking similar foods off the mfp database, always overestimate quantities to try and be safe. I do find tracking tricky when eating out.
  • misscola
    misscola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes! i didn't lose any weight this week, such disappointment. instead of my usual 3km run, i went for 5.5km hoping to burn off more.
    yes calories in check and all tracked!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    aeshippers wrote: »
    ... I do find tracking tricky when eating out.
    I find eating out is tricky too. Not just the tracking, but very hard to find good food unless you go expensive.

Any practical tips from anyone in this area well appreciated.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    misscola wrote: »
    yes! i didn't lose any weight this week, such disappointment. instead of my usual 3km run, i went for 5.5km hoping to burn off more.
    yes calories in check and all tracked!

@misscola. Don't get hung up on weight. It will fluctuate a lot even if keeping a consistent routine. It's all about the long term.

I find my weight goes in chunks. Nothing for almost a week (+/- 0.3 kg from a set weight), then almost a 1kg drop in about 2 days. Just sticking to routine and letting it do what it does is what seems to work. I can pick times where if I compare the recordings 7 days apart was the difference is 0.1kg, but the weekly trend has still been down. This bursty behavior is why I record weight daily but compare weekly averages to look for trends.

Look at your tracking over the past month (food, weight and exercise). Can you pick out trends of good/bad and how long it takes for it to get reflected in the weight trend.

End of day weight is just a number. It does not define who you are. How you feel is MUCH more important. Do you feel fit (I know many people that could not even attempt a 3km run)? Do you feel healthy? If trying to lose weight, do your clothes feel looser? Have you been tracking size measurements?

Lastly an extra 2.5km of running burns about 700kj (less than 2 slices of bread). A kg of fat is estimated to contain 37,000kj. To shift the scales by 0.5kg you would need to run about an extra 62km. Easy to see why it nearly impossible to out exercise poor dietary choices.

@misscola. You can do this. Stick with the program. Results are long term (not just 1-2 weeks).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    So dad decided to use his new toy. I believe it's called chain saw on a pole but my parents call it chain saw on a stick. :D Anyway he was so happy but I had to do a mad dash to move my mother who was standing under the large limb he was taking down. Then my dad decided to walk with it running we are very fortunate I am still in one piece. LOL Garage is condensed mom did not want to deal with it anymore. We moved on to flower beds. I am tired I am glad I got a lot done yesterday.
  • aeshippers
    Options
    Been thinking more about my Thai meal and tracking and am still v. concerned about the accuracy so would like to update 28th to a pass day, I think it's the first one I've used all month :)
  • aeshippers
    Options
    @phoebelayla - glad you enjoyed your party and well done for staying under calories. I agree, I find this group really useful for that, makes me much more aware of everything I'm putting in my mouth.
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    track yes
    budget yes
    exercise yes

Exercise at the Orange Theory studio. That is always kind of intense. I always stop short of doing stuff till it hurts and just get back on the spin bike. Instructor doesn't mind. I rode my bike to and from the studio. Strava gave me a PR for the ride home. That Strava can get to be a weird obsession. But it panned out to be a lot of exercise calories. Tomorrow is going to be an easy exercise day.

I went and seen my psychological counselor and related my conundrum about getting too old for the Iron Horse Race that I been doing for years.

She was characteristically sympathetic and gracious.

d900syev5qcf.jpg

• SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes spent two hours cleaning the house for family coming out, and a short walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @bocasdelbobdog I am doing my first race Fri after work. More than likely after the race I will hand off my shirt to one of the little kids. When I do the charity walks its what I do. If I see a family with multiple kids and 1 walk shirt I offer mine. I always seem to participate in the ones that have truly ugly shirts. ;)
  • theforceawaken
    theforceawaken Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Our family started road trip today. Hubby and I brought a cooler, eat breakfast at hotel, prepare a meal (picnic style) and eat another meal outside (I picked grilled shrimp salad, yum!).
    So far I am doing well, loggd everything and barely under calorie limit, plus we walked for hours in Historic district. So 3 Yes for me
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk, basically a rest day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Thought I really wanted a drink after I got home from a crazy shift at work. Over 10.000 steps. Decided I would rather stay on track and under calories so no drink tonight
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 45 minute hike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Wow!! Everyone is doing so great and when you slip...you recognize it and share the truth!!
    Exciting and a great way to instill and reinforce positive habits.
    My report is a great day of activity on the farm. The spring weather here in the Northern Hemisphere is welcome.
    Activity: great and way more than the minimum
    Calories: under by 300+ not counting any exercise calories
    Tracking: ok
  • aeshippers
    Options
    @karenleona - Congratulations on not having that drink, so hard not to "treat" yourself after a bad day but I'm sure you feel better for it.