Motivated May 2017: Week 4 (5/22-5/31)

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Ran 2.75 miles this morning.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Ran/walked 8 miles this evening when it was starting to cool down into the lower 80's. Just a couple more training runs to go for my upcoming half marathon. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything. (yeah, right!)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/23 Kettlebell workout and push-ups in the morning. Walked and climbed stairs at the water park all afternoon.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/24: 3 strength vids for...um....strength training :lol: All Jessica Smith.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I met with the trainer on Tuesday, I've been doing more of my own plan rather than their plan but I have still lost 9 lbs and 2% body fat in 4 weeks. I'm really happy with that and will be adding more of their plan over the next 4 weeks to see how much better I can do.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Wow. You guys are really bust'n a move with all the exercise! Lik'n it. Hoot.
    It's rainy here again today, so no walky for me. Been doing stairs instead of the elevator tho. So that counts.

Food is on target so far this week. No alcohol too! Seems to be heading in the right direction. Super stressful at work today. Could really use that walk. (more stairs). Mentally feeling a little off my game today. Not enough sleep. I also have my little space heater on here in my office at work. WTF. It's only 50 outside, enough already with the AC.. My nose is dripping it's so cold!!!! Brrr. Leaving early to get under the covers this evening. Can't wait.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited May 2017
    @baconslave Can I just say you're my hero! Sorry you had such a craptastic day but honestly i wouldve been locked up in the looney bin or in jail after all that! You are one tough lady (along with funny, helpful, and down to earth). Thanks for sharing! Next time i feel like complaining about my "bad" day , Ill remember this story and put on my big girls pants and handle it :)
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Today was a 2-hr fun exercise session playing xBox kinnect games remotely with my sister. We're so competitive with each other. She usually wins more often than I do, but tonight I pretty much whooped her butt. Yeehaw!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Does anyone else have a miserable relationship with an ex? Does every exchange have to be an issue?Keep in mind our kiddo is a teenager and this is Memorial day weekend.. No wonder I gained 50 pounds. Errrr..
    Anyway, I'm still doing good this week and looking forward to the weekend!
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    My plan to do a short run today turned into an unplanned rest day. Too hot and windy. I'm going to try for a long run tomorrow morning while it's a relatively cool mid to upper 70's out.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    I got my 150 minutes in! I introduced a little bit of interval running this week, too, and surprised myself with how well I did and how much I enjoyed it! Feeling good about everything, to be honest. Proud of all y'all! =)
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    I got in 9 miles of (some)running/(mostly)walking this morning. It was hot, humid, and windy. And I did terrible. Blah!

Think I'll go shopping. Maybe that'll cheer me up. I don't normally like clothes shopping, but I received my JCP online order yesterday and all the medium size shirts and shorts are too big, so I need to return/exchange them. Yay!

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Oops, overslept this morning. I guess I'll have to do a little dancing to get my steps in later :smiley:
  • macchiatto
    I am overdue to check in!

5/25: Just shy of 14k steps and 15 flights of stairs :)
    5/26: 3 mile trail run (intervals) with DH
    5/27: 12k steps
    5/28: Finally started recomp. :) Restarted YAYOG. Hopefully I'll get through it without injury this time. ;)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    5/28 - hiking
    5/29 - hiking
    5/30 - gym
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/26-walked my head off loading the camper. And rode with the kiddos on bikes.
    5/27- youngest came down with a bug, so I drug him around all day on the tandem bike (which is me hauling 100 extra pounds behind me as his pedaling doesn't do much.)
    5/28- more of yesterday
    5/29- Not much. I think I was fighting his cold. I took a nap when we got home. And went to bed early.

I need to strength train today. Still feeling puny. Still no cold symptoms which is good. I do want to go back to bed though.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/24: rest
    5/25: rest
    5/26: Playground with the toddler and mowing the lawn
    5/27: tons of walking around this abandoned railroad town and then a 3 mile run.
    5/28: shopping/walking
    5/29: rest
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Is it June yet? Ugh...I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I have been so wishy washy lately with my eating/exercise. I do great during the week, and then make excuses for myself on the weekends. I lose weight and then gain it due to poor choices. Top it off, I got my IUD swapped out on Friday and I have felt bloated, crampy, and icky all weekend.

I HAVE to get my head in the game. I'm gonna try journaling again to help get a proper mindset. I've made great progress from when I started in February...I refuse to see it go down the drain now.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    I did my Level One 30 Day Shred 11 times in May or about 3x a week which was my goal. Yay! I started out using 2 lb weights and will work my way up through 3 lb weights and finally get back to the 5 lb weights I was using last time I was up to speed. I figure I can add the weight gradually as I get back in shape because I intend to keep this up for the long haul.
  • macchiatto
    5/29: 20 flights of stairs and 30-min walk
    5/30: Busy day but apparently I have 53 active minutes and 15 flights of stairs. Need to get in another 984 steps before I wind down for bed ...