OMAD and, um, bowel movements...

Options
wsandy8512
wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
Sorry, no other way to put it. OMAD is my way of life, it's changed me for the better in every single way. My overall health has vastly improved and that's even more important than the weight loss. However, I do have one problem area and that's going number two.

It's been like this since I've started. I eat fruits and vegetables, oatmeal, yogurt, but I am not having regular bowel movements. At first I thought it was just a phase and I'd be back a couple weeks in, but it hasn't happened. Before, the smell of brewing coffee in the morning would have me on the toilet. I'd have at least 2-3 movements the first few hours after being awake. Now? I hate to say this, but without the aid of a gentle laxative on the third day, I have not went on my own.

If anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm growing a bit concerned.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I take 1 Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) pill daily...500 MG...It helped me a lot...If you get the runs just cut back to every other day :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you! You're the second person that suggestion magnesium. I am definitely picking some up tomorrow!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    eat beans, red kidney beans for example, one single serving worth 70 cals has 16 grams of fiber, yes that's not a typo

long term low fiber in your digestive tract can create trouble like diverticulitis, hemorrhoids etc, your body is telling you something, I'd suggest don't cut corners with laxative drugs

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It seems like with intermittent fasting you also get intermittent bowels. I never know to expect.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ^^lol
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I find adding tons of fruit and extra water helps with that.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I take psyllium husk every 2 to 3 days to regulate things...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    I find adding tons of fruit and extra water helps with that.

I love my fruits and have chia seeds the majority of the time, and plenty of water. I'm truly baffled. I ended up getting the magnesium, I hope that helps. :)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I appreciate it. :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    All hail Magnesium! Omg, I felt like running through a field of flowers because it brought me relief so quickly!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Is this the answer? Read the Anazon review "This Changes Everything" for the (Shark Tank) Squatty Potty.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B007BISCT0/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_show_all?reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    ^^Haaaaaa!!! If the magnesium stops working, I may try that thing!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Lol...yes the sqautty potty does help!!!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We made our own with wood blocks. I testify to its value!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Large Bowl of black beans and 2 apples for two days = problem solved!