curiosity post: does anyone have a MEMBERSHIP at dietdoctor.com?

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
I've always wondered if any of our regulars here also pay for a membership at dietdoctor.com. I see us referencing and linking things that are there, but wondered if anyone actually joined.

cheers, and thanks

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    qci323dm8kxn.jpg

>:) or o:)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing - but I always wince at being charged for membership to a club, clinic, group, site or font of information, that I know, more or less, I can obtain elsewhere, for nothing.... Besides, funds are limited and I can't justify it. Mainly for the reasons given...
  • Slippyslope
    Slippyslope Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I read like lots from diet doctor, but I won't pay. I think I found a group on Facebook that is probably just as good.
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do, fairly new to it, but I love access to the interviews/videos etc.. and recipes - it helps keep me on track.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Patti2008 wrote: »
    I do. I like having full access to all of the information. I think the price is reasonable. I think a membership fee is a good way to fund the website and in my mind sure beats creating keto frankenfoods to support the enterprise. I also appreciate that you can access a lot of information for free.

Yeah, good point. No question it's providing a public service, and it's not free to operate. Taking $$ straight up (and a pretty modest amount, to be fair) sure beats running pharmaceutical & frankenfood ads, etc., to finance the thing. Thanks @Sabine_Stroehm for the question!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing - but I always wince at being charged for membership to a club, clinic, group, site or font of information, that I know, more or less, I can obtain elsewhere, for nothing.... Besides, funds are limited and I can't justify it. Mainly for the reasons given...

Yeah, I'm always hesitant to join an outfit that would stoop to take money from someone like me.
  • jmalone71
    jmalone71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did for the first few months , thought it was good to support the site , and they give a lot of free valuable information as well .. low on funds right now , so not currently subscribing .. :)