Allulose (Quest hero bars)

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
Has anyone done any research on this yet? I've never heard of it till this morning. The rep from the vitamin store was at the gym last night and gave everyone little goodie bags. In it was one of the new Quest Hero bars, I had seen them in the store but try to stay away from them cuz I could eat five in one sitting. I figured since this was in the bag id bring it for a mid morning snack and on the back is a description of allulose and that's how it has low net carbs. The bar tasted really really good, not fake sweetener like in the other quest bars and the texture was much better too.

I googled a little and found some info about it but was wondering if any of the researchers here had looked in it in more detail.

http://www.eatthis.com/allulose

https://www.questnutrition.com/allulose#allulose1

Replies

• auntstephie321
    Options
    Good news, the bar didn't cause any gi distress like a lot of the artificial sweetener stuff does. I don't monitor my bg regularly but I might try one again and see how it affects it just out of curiosity.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Interesting. Never heard of it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, since there is a connection to fructose still... I wonder if it will turn out to be as bad for us as HFCS
    D-Allulose is C6 H12 O6 (same as glucose...)
    Here's more info for the science geeky among us...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psicose
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    I sent hubby to two stores for this tonight when he went out to pick up our kids from their jobs. No where to be found. Bummer. They are really expensive online and I'm not buying a ten pack before tasting one.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I sent hubby to two stores for this tonight when he went out to pick up our kids from their jobs. No where to be found. Bummer. They are really expensive online and I'm not buying a ten pack before tasting one.

Oh bummer :( I know they sell them at vitamin world, if you have one there. They are a new product so may not be everywhere yet. The taste is much better than the other quest bars, texture is great too.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Nope. We have the Vt Country Store, tho. Lol!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Lolololol so lucky I can only order from their catalog lol
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    They have rows and rows of free food samples. I was just there last week. About 90% of them are carbs but they also have lots of cheese samples and various sausages or mustards, so that's what I focused on. Stayed on diet!
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just spotted these at Hy-Vee for those in the Midwest. $2.49/bar. They also had the Quest beyond cereal bars at $2.00/bar.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Searched every store locally. No dice. I just ordered some on Amazon. Worth a shot.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Searched every store locally. No dice. I just ordered some on Amazon. Worth a shot.
    I hope you like them, I thought they were really good, thinking of ordering some for myself as well