Suggestions for a new fitness tracker? Considering giving up Fitbit.

Options
My husband has gone through too many Fitbits (they just keep dying), but loves the motivation of a fitness tracker. Any suggestions for a new gadget? Pros/cons? Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Sadly, if he and most of the people he exercises with or stays motivated by use FitBit, it's best to stay in that ecosystem. If that doesn't matter, Garmin's products are among the best, and then TomTom and Polar. I cannot give a specific recommendation without some insight into what activities he does. Viviosmart is pretty solid, and comes in normal, HR, and HR+GPS models. Polar's A360 and the TomTom Touch are pretty awesome as well. If you can provide what activities he does and what information he likes tracking, I can provide a better suggestion.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with the above commenter. Really matters your activity, desires, and budget.

I don't have a fitness tracker, but some of my running friends have the vivosmart HR and man! Is that an awesome toy! They are really impressive.

I encourage you to get into a store, put one on your wrist, and play around with it.
  • wxfisch
    wxfisch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got a Garmin Vivoactive HR and it is by far the best tracker I have used. Fitbits always lasted a few months for me before they died of something (I suspect water intrusion from my copious sweating coupled with how they really are poorly designed for taking on and off).