What are you training for?

Options
daj150
daj150 Posts: 815 Member
So I am trying to rebuild my conditioning and strength so I can do an IM next year. In the meantime, I am definitely doing some running races; Rock 'n Roll Philly in September and Disney Dopey Challenge next January. I am trying to decide if I do Escape Philly right now; might just sign up for sprint just to get back into tri-racing mindset. I want to get another tri in this year, but haven't decided on distance yet.

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm just about recovered from a nagging IT issue that flared up during winter marathon training. I've now shifted into triathlon mode and entering a build phase. I"m looking forward to a couple 70.3's this year as "A" races, the Patriot Half in June and the Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid in Sept. I expect to do a few local sprints for fun and maybe even squeeze in a Oly.
  • daj150
    Options
    Lake Placid is an awesome race. I am looking to do the IM there next year for my first IM.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just did St. Anthony's Oly. Doing another small Oly in June and a HIM in Sept as well as several 10K's and a half-marathon. Taking a break from IM and doing more speed work has been refreshing.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Heading up to Lake Placid for a training camp this weekend. Water is still a bit chilly at 55degrees, so not sure if we'll swim much. We will do the bike and run course, though. Should be fun.
  • emsmom8
    emsmom8 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ironman Victoria 70.3 this weekend!
  • daj150
    Options
    Nice, good luck @emsmom8
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I just did my first 5150 at Mont Tremblant on the 24th of June, next up the Olympic distance National Capital tri on July 29th, I'm looking forward to the flatter ride :D
  • Djproulx
    Options
    I just did my first 5150 at Mont Tremblant on the 24th of June, next up the Olympic distance National Capital tri on July 29th, I'm looking forward to the flatter ride :D

Congrats on the 5150! I have been tempted to sign up for a race at Mont Tremblant because of the great venue and support. Maybe next year will be the year.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Congrats on the 5150! I have been tempted to sign up for a race at Mont Tremblant because of the great venue and support. Maybe next year will be the year.

I'm going back next year (the 70.3 is already sold out) they really do make it an event!

My only complaint is the registration process. Because you're racing in Quebec you need to have a 1 day license from Triathlon Quebec which was, supposedly, an option to purchase at the time you registered for the race. Come time to pick up your race kit about 80% of the people had to line up a 2nd time at the TQ desk to pay their $20....

I got lucky, we got to Tremblant at around 1:00 in the afternoon and the line was quite short, later in the afternoon it resembled a soviet era lineup......
  • Djproulx
    Options
    I'm going back next year (the 70.3 is already sold out) they really do make it an event!

I'm starting to think about next year's race calendar, even though I have Lake Placid remaining in September.

Since I really like the 70.3 distance, the question is whether or not I want to do the additional training hours for a full IM. If I decide to do the full, then IMMT is at or near the top of my list.