Nursing while doing Keto

Options
I'm currently still nursing my 10 month old son and was wondering if any of you ladies have done it while nursing.

Replies

• BooBoo5
    BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a 4 month old daughter, and I started keto when she was about a month old. I haven't had any issues. I lose slower than most because my carb intake and calorie intake is a little higher (50-70g carbs and 2,000-2,300 calories). But so far in 3 months I've lost 25 lbs. make sure to drink plenty of water (at least 100oz) and get your sodium in as well. My supply didn't drop when I started and it's stayed pretty consistent. Good luck to you!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You might want to post your question on the Low Carber Daily Forum The LCD Group. This discussion group is aimed for recipe sharing and likely doesn't reach the larger LCHF group of people!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    You might want to post your question on the Low Carber Daily Forum The LCD Group. This discussion group is aimed for recipe sharing and likely doesn't reach the larger LCHF group of people!

I second that - please feel free to pop over, you'd be made very welcome!
  • mtague7733
    mtague7733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One thing to think about is that when you are burning fat stores, you are releasing whatever is stored in fat into your breastmilk . Pesticides!