Like Minded Lushes - June 2017

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy June to you all.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. It was a good day. Not an overly lushy weekend. Tuesday I actually had a zero but I made up for it on Wednesday by going a little overboard. Last night was very moderate but today is FRIDAY!!! I am so glad.

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I finished the bottle of wine (2 glasses) and had a cider. Not terrible. Not a 0.... Oh well. Next week is my last week of work before vacation, so it's doubtful there will be many 0's. Have a great weekend!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Three light beers last night. Now if I could start logging my food and exercise again, maybe I could make some progress!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Back home and it feels good. Over did it 1 night with the wine and I hated the way it made me feel so I only averaged a glass or 2 since.
    I'm with you, Gary. I need to log my meals and start my workouts again.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today is haaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrd to say no to the booze beckoning to me from the cupboard. I discovered today that doing yard work without drinks = grumpy Meg. Seriously if I was doing this alone I would have caved for sure. My sexy man is suffering through with me and lent me some of his willpower when mine ran out.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Meg you've been doing so great, you should be proud!
    I exercised both Sat and Sun and I'm sore! But hope to keep up the routine this week. I'm moderating on the wine. Looking forward to establishing a good routine again. MIL is back in her apartment and feeling well so my caretaking duties have shifted to myself B)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Off today for three days of camping. See ya all when I get back!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I drank a good amount all weekend. Saturday was a little much, but I wasn't too bad Friday and Sunday. We had a lot of fun doing many things as a family: festival, pool, art fair, horse track family day. Good times.

I'll try for my one and only weekly 0 tonight I guess. Vacation starts in 3 days!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Oh well....I finished off the wine (not even a glass) and had a cider. No sense in stopping now!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You're in vacation mode, Ashley. Enjoy :drinker:
    I'm in exercise mode and my body is in shock :D (it feels good)
    1 glass of cab. Probably the same tonight
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha!!!
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-hoping for a 0

Had my first structured workout this morning in like forever!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Good job Kate. Happy you can focus on yourself for a while, Syd. Ashley "it is what it is" so no worries. Meg you are a rock star.

I am overdoing it a bit. Last night was better. Stress at home is high and will be for a while (until Doug comes to grips with his future and when he is able to use his right arm again). Bodi has decided that he doesn't want to struggle to walk anymore so it is getting harder and harder to get him up and moving and his legs are getting weaker.

Sorry to be a downer. At least the week is almost over. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hang in there, Robin.
    Good to see you, Kate!
    TGIF lushes! It's been a pretty good week, I managed to exercise well and keep up a pretty good routine. Maybe even dropped a pound.
    I'll probably gain that back tonight. Baseball game at Petco Park is always fun, even tho the Padres suck. We're experiencing our typical June gloom here weather wise but I'm thinking I need to get back into the pool...probably Sunday.
    Have a great weekend lushes! :drinker:
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! 8 more days to Lushytown for me... I have abstained through hosting dinners where friends brought bottles of wine for me (because they know me lol), a long weekend with beautiful weather and countless other excuses to lush it up... super proud of myself if I am being honest. I'm still counting down to next Saturday though... :smiley:

Robin, I'm sorry you are having a rough go of it right now. TGIF indeed.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I hope the lushes had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. I got some things done so I felt productive. still drinking too much but that is the way it goes. Bodi is now in a dog diaper most of the day. He just doesn't have the control anymore. It is hard because he loves me so much.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Super lushy weekend.
    Saturday, hair cut and day drinking, which turned into night drinking too!!!!
    Sunday, lunch and Wonder Woman.
    I could dry out for a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin-poor Bodi. It is so so so sad :'( xo
  • rjadams
    Options
    So I am becoming such a downer. I just got a risk letter yesterday. It basically means get ready because you are probably going to get laid off in the near future. I think this camel's back is just about to break. I am not sure how much more I can handle. Powered down too very stiff drinks last night on an empty stomach and went to bed really early. I will try to find my positive. It just went on hiatus for a while. Too many kicks to the gut lately.

I hope you are all doing much better than I am. Later lushes.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh Robin! :( I'm familiar with your company, as you know and I'm sorry they're treating you so horribly. My husband has a real, similar fear because of his age being so close to retirement. The ba$tards have zero regard or compassion for their employees.

I'm sending you all the positive thoughts that things turn around for you. Give Bodi a big hug <3
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So sorry Robin!!!! xoxo

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin, very sorry to hear work is so stressful! Keeping you and Doug in my thoughts.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Made it thru another night. It's funny things are really quiet at home. Doug and I aren't talking at all right now. We are both just deep in thought and contemplation. I had two regular drinks last night. Thank you for you thoughts. It is nice to know that some people care. I truly appreciate the Lushes!