LCHF/keto - no dairy???

Options
Meggers120Now
Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
I can't eat dairy due to an allergy and I'm finding it hard to come up with daily LCHF or keto plans that don't include cheese or heavy cream. Is there anyone out there with an open diary that follows a LCHF or keto WOE without any dairy products??? I'm also not a big fan of just snarfing down spoonfuls of coconut oil...

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. The only dairy I use regularily is some cream in my coffee. If you ignore that, there's almost no dairy at all. Some sporadic butter but I don't much like it so it doesn't show up too often in my diary.

I've never eaten coconut oil either. I get my fats from meat, and olive oil.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't have an open diary but you don't need dairy for LC or keto. Your fat sources can come from your proteins plus oils like coconut and olive or from avocados.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use butter and occasionally a dollop of sour cream but otherwise my keto is dairy free as well.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    73/27 ground beef, fatty AF steaks, chicken thighs, homemade mayo with avocado oil, ghee (depending on your reasons for not doing dairy, this might be an option)
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The first thing I did when I started keto was google "dairy free keto" and I got a nice number of hits. Mostly I eat a fatty meat with a low carb veg, endless variations.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    We swap out heavy cream for coconut milk in a lot of recipes with good results. I haven't tried it for baking, but it's great in soups, stews, drinks, and desserts.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat fat alone.
    Just eat meat and cook with whatever natural fat you like and you're good to go.