Need more MFP friends for support

Options
gradedparadox
gradedparadox Posts: 7 Member
Hello all,

I had my VSG 5/4/2017 and I'm looking to add some more people to my friends list. I'm doing okay so far, my stats are:
SW: 250
CW: 229.2
Height 5'7"
Age 32 years old
So I'm doing okay only 3 weeks out.

However, I have seriously tuned into this app as another tool besides my sleeve. I'm a teacher and will soon have a ton of free time on my hands. I'm hoping to steal creative exercise ideas and menu ideas. Please add me. I don't know anyone in real life who is at this stage in the journey or close to it. I know a few people who were sleeved 5 years ago, but I could definitely use more supportive people in my life, virtual or not.

Thanks guys and gals!

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Looks like things are going well. Personally I think consistency is the key. I got a FitBit a couple years ago and it's really helped me get and stay MOVING. Everyday get my 12,000 steps in.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with @Aztec4Life that a fitness tracker is incredibly motivating, so if you don't have one already I would highly recommend it! He is right - consistency is key.

Admittedly while I know that in my head I have fallen off the wagon here and there and have gained about 3-5 lbs for it. Working on getting back on track with food, working out etc. Between issues with my daughter and our dog passing away suddenly I put myself on the back burner and fed into situations - quite literally.

I also recommend keeping scheduled appointments with a nutritionist. I backed off a bit but got back on her schedule. I do go to Weight Watchers every week typically to keep myself accountable but the nutritionist has some better insights and help.

Lots of good luck...this is a great group to be a part of!
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sent a friend request.
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I also sent a friend request! :)
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send a FR as well... I'm about to have my sleeve + SADI on Tuesday :) Keep up the good work.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request sent!!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 5/1/17 we are very close in surgery dates!! It is always great to have people who are going through the journey to talk to. Feel free to message me anytime =)
  • PatriciaWhitesell
    PatriciaWhitesell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am waiting on a surgery date for RNY. I sent a friend request
  • mettaseigman83
    mettaseigman83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RNY scheduled for 6/12. Sent a friend request, more support is always great!
  • gemini73j
    gemini73j Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends on there. I will send s request if you don't mind.
  • unickorn
    unickorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just had my vsg 2 days ago. Would love some wls friends since I don't have many. Feel free to add me.
  • magzzazagz
    magzzazagz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Going for sleeve sometime in Jan 2018 once I have it will I be able to set my calories totals to the low amounts that they will be so I can continue to complete my diary????
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you are under 1000 calories it won't let you complete. What you can do is add calories up to the 1000 mark so it will post and then remove the extra so when others look at your diary the will see what you actually ate.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me!
  • Bec_Ker_up
    Bec_Ker_up Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jamieeldred - This I didn't know
  • Bec_Ker_up
    Bec_Ker_up Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It cut off my reply: I will have to give it a try.
  • magzzazagz
    magzzazagz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thnx Jamieeldred
  • NicholeBryan
    NicholeBryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you are under 1000 calories it won't let you complete. What you can do is add calories up to the 1000 mark so it will post and then remove the extra so when others look at your diary the will see what you actually ate.

That's crazy! They should fix it so bariatric folks can use the app!

• NicholeBryan
    NicholeBryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just wanted others to know they are welcome to add me! I'm having surgery Aug. 9th after a long 6 month process and a year of research. I'm a mom to 5 beautiful girls and we cure live in central Florida. Nice to meet you all