Leslie Sansone June 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
June (2017)

WELCOME to all walkers!

Oh my, June is here already :o !! It seems unbelievable that we are almost halfway through 2017. It is time to start a another new monthly challenge! Soon Summer fun will be here B) !

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles, minutes, or steps outdoors. Especially after the long winter or extra rain we just had.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles, minutes, or steps. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles, minutes, or steps that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles, minutes, or steps that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I truly am very grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into June of 2017!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Goals for June
    - 120 miles
    - 15 over 10,000 steps
    - water water water!

June 1 - 5.90 miles - 12988 steps (1/15)
    June 2 - 4.65 miles - 10239 steps (2/15)

Amazing how I can leave the house in the morning to water and check the greenhouse, the garden and other things in the yard and come in an hour later with 5000 steps! I seem to be busy with projects . And I have finally lost the weight I gained during the winter. Yeah!!!
  • ajf729
    ajf729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Goal for June
    Average at least 10,000 steps everyday
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles.

10.71/100

Golfing yesterday and today.

Lilymay2, Congrats on losing your winter weight. I too through my golfing have lost mine. I put on 8 lbs not being able to walk for 2 months. Woot to the both of us!

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    OK, I have checked and for some reason, I do better in the months with only 30 days! :laugh: This is as good an excuse as any right??? :huh: Seriously, I am going to try once again for 3.5/day or 105 for the month!!! For half of the month, I will be in NY so I should be able to get some miles in even if I have to walk there from Michigan!!!!! :noway:

June-3.5/day or 105 for the month

6/1 Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles =2.6 miles total :explode: !!

Walk Strong Everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I am happy to see everyone posting here so far. I'm sorry for the late start for June's challenge. I wrote about my computer difficulties and caught up with everything in my final May posts.

June 1: I walked 93 minutes outside this morning.

June 2: 60 minutes of five mini walks from Mix + Match Walk Blasters: Light Walk, Brisk+Steady walk, Short +Sweaty walk, Dance Walk, Interval Walk, and the Flexibility Walk.

June 3: 50 minutes of five mini walks from Mix + Match Walk Blasters: Light Walk, Upper Body Blast, Lower Body Blast, Tummy Trimmer, and the Flexibility Walk.

Enjoy your weekend and walk happy ;)

:flowerforyou:

• texasgardnr
    Options
    @Lilymay2, a big congratulations on your losing the weight you had gained during the winter. That is a big deal indeed! I like your goals!

@ajf729, very nice goal for June!

@PinkyPan1, Have fun golfing... walking and golfing a great combination! And lots of mileage for your goal!

Wishing everyone a fun weekend,
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    "OK, I have checked and for some reason, I do better in the months with only 30 days! This is as good an excuse as any right??? "

@zichab, that was soooo funny :laugh: Have you started walking yet :noway:

• livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi, My goal is to continue with the Great Walk Challenge and try to average at least 1 mile or more per day during the month of June.

exercise.png
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    AmasMomma wrote: »
    I am using Leslie Sansone's Walking Down Your Sugar dvd. It belongs to my dad, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 6 years ago. He started using the dvd last year and has lost over 80 lbs and is off all diabetic medication.
    Thankfully, I am not diabetic, but I am over 350 lbs. and Dad has always been my role model so here goes!
    My goal is 30 miles for June

Congrats to your dad for improving his health and his weight loss success! You can do it too! Awesome goal!
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    June 4 (2 Miles walking with Leslie☺)

exercise.png

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    18.63/100

7.92 miles golfing this morning.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @livingandlovinglife, with your goal "to average at least 1 mile or more per day during the month of June" you will be at, or very close to your ticker goal! You go girl, you can do it!

@AmasMomma, What a amazing example your dad gave you that you also can be healthy and lose weight using the walking DVD. You can do this for sure! I'm so proud of you that you want to be healthy before getting sick.

@PinkyPan1, awesome mileage!!

June 4: Today is my planned rest day from regular exercise. Later on I will probably re-pot some plants and tidy up the other plants on the back porch. Light and fun activity. I'm also definitely continuing to sit less after everything I learned during the Sit Less Boot Camp that I joined in May on MFP. So I never know what I will find to do when I decide not to sit down for a while, or how I will find a way to do something that I would normally do sitting down while standing up instead o:) .

Walk happy :flowerforyou:
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    June 1-4: 13.4 Miles tracked.

Work has kept me super busy with long days and odd hours. Trying to find a good time to fit in a decent work out.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    22.84/100

4.21 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    AmasMomma wrote: »
    I am using Leslie Sansone's Walking Down Your Sugar dvd. It belongs to my dad, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 6 years ago. He started using the dvd last year and has lost over 80 lbs and is off all diabetic medication.
    Thankfully, I am not diabetic, but I am over 350 lbs. and Dad has always been my role model so here goes!
    My goal is 30 miles for June

Your Dad is amazing! What a great role model. You can do it too! :smiley:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    3 miles so far this month.

Got to improve that.

Great work everone!
  • AnnofB
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just went back and checked my diary and found some more miles.

6/1 2
    6/2 5
    6/4 2
    6/6 2 total: 11
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    June-3.5/day or 105 for the month

6/1 Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=2.6 miles total
    6/2 Vivofit tracked 2.5 miles=5.1 miles total
    6/3 Vivofit tracked 4.2 miles=9.3 miles total
    6/4 Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles= 12.8 miles total
    6/5 Vivofit tracked 2.5 miles=15.3 miles total
    6/6 Endomondo tracked neighborhood walk- 2.3 miles=17.6 miles total

WOW we have some new walkers who are walking great strides! Kudos amasmomma for dropping the weight for your health! More people on MFP should mention that! Wearing smaller clothes is fun, but having energy to shop for them is even more fun! You go!!!! :+1:

I need to "find some miles" AnnofB! Might they be in my journal? :laugh:

You know texasgardnr I actually have started walking to NY, but at this rate, I will not get here until November, :noway: but you have given me an idea! I am going to start thinking of my miles in terms of where I am on the route to New York! So far, I have walked 17.6 miles that means I am on I-69 E 4 miles East of Flint, but not quite to Davison!! Good thing I do not have to walk to work as it would take me 4 days to get there! :laugh: I'll have to step it up!!!

Walk Strong Everyone!!! :bigsmile: