What is wrong with me - Binge eating again?

Options
learntolovetheburn15
learntolovetheburn15 Posts: 157 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Hello

In 2013 I weighed nearly 199lbs and over time I slowly lost the weight by calorie counting and exercising. I have always liked my food but my head wanted to lose the weight and avoided the bad food choices.

This year I have really struggled with food and have gained some weight. In the past 12 months, I would say that I have gained about 28lbs and now weigh 168lbs. I don't feel unhappy but once i start eating I binge and over eat.

It's nearly lunchtime now and this morning I have ate

Half a cheese sandwich
1 piece of toast
A packet of kids digestive biscuits about (110 cals)
Half a sausage roll
Toffee Bakewell

The above food is nearly 1,000 calories.

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice.

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are the only one who has this experience. The urge to eat this way following significant weightloss is part of what is behind the yo-yo dieting effect. The truth is, the majority of dieters regain the weight they lost, and then some. Few people take it off and keep it off. What the solution is, I don't know. Just know that this is not some special weakness that is just you.
  • learntolovetheburn15
    learntolovetheburn15 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
  • mekaerwin1
    mekaerwin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. That seems to make matters worst. Just think, today is today and tomorrow it will be better.

On a side note, all of that bread is why you are so hungry. Even if you were to be emotionally eating, those carbs give a little sugar high - then low. By that time you're hungry again (probably because of the low).

For supper, try some kale, spinach or some other type of leafy vegetable (cooked or raw). Add that with a grilled chicken, fish, pork filet or a couple of eggs. It'll make you feel more satisfied. It will also give you the strength to start tomorrow off right. Please try to avoid any bread, pasta or rice for the rest of the afternoon.

You can make it through this. Just count the hours towards bedtime, take a walk, and relax.

(Plan a healthy meal plan for tomorrow if you start to feel like eating anytime other than supper.)

I'm in it with you. I'm holding myself back right now from baking sweets. I love to bake and eat. But it's not worth it.
    I've said a short prayer for God to give you strength.

• mell_m_m
    mell_m_m Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello

In 2013 I weighed nearly 199lbs and over time I slowly lost the weight by calorie counting and exercising. I have always liked my food but my head wanted to lose the weight and avoided the bad food choices.

This year I have really struggled with food and have gained some weight. In the past 12 months, I would say that I have gained about 28lbs and now weigh 168lbs. I don't feel unhappy but once i start eating I binge and over eat.

Half a cheese sandwich
    1 piece of toast
    Half a sausage roll
    Toffee Bakewell

I'm no expert by far but maybe try these two suggestions. Before you eat each snack in between meals drink 2 cups of water. Then eat it. The water before each time you eat might slow you down OR the first time you snack eat what you have chosen, the next time eat veggies and a low cal dip, next snack eat what you want , next a piece of fruit. Maybe this will lighten the calorie intake. If it works then the next day eat what you want then the next two snacks have to be healthy and on and in. Eventually you will get to eating only healthy snacks.
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Half a cheese sandwich
    1 piece of toast
    Half a sausage roll
    Toffee Bakewell
    @learntolovetheburn15 I'm impressed at the fact you stopped at 1 piece of toast, not 2. And a half ans sandwich and a half a sausage roll. I would have had it all!

Whats done is done. Enjoy the splurge and move on. One setback does not need to throw you off track.
    The question to ask is why did you eat...what was the trigger? Learn from it.and perhaps you can avoid it next time.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello

Half a cheese sandwich
    1 piece of toast
    Half a sausage roll
    Toffee Bakewell

Hello

Half a cheese sandwich
    1 piece of toast
    Half a sausage roll
    Toffee Bakewell

That day was a bad for you, but you can turned around by going to gym and exercise for about 1 hour. Do you throw up? If do I suggest to let the food be there and don't feel guilty. Tomorrow is another day!!!
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was an emotional binge eater too. From my experience, here are a few things that help me:
    1. Take a deep breathe
    2. Listen to music
    3. Remind myself that tomorrow is another day and I can start over.

My main key is to never give up. It’s okay if you fall, just get up again, and again. Don’t give up & good luck!