June 4 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    Options
    well done @aeshippers ... It's always lovely when we reach a goal :D
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Reminder of a POSITIVE nature....lol7f0tbegscb6b.jpg
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    cnxqflco65a4.jpg

Sometimes, while working on my daily post, I get confused, or forgetful, but today is a first for me. Today, two UAC members beat me to June 4. @aeshippers is celebrating her incredible achievement in reaching her goal weight! Congratulations.
    But that was not my only surprise. Both Slimpossible007 and @pribud were also ahead of me in congratulating @aeshippers. Thanks so much for being so supportive of our team mate, Shippers!!
    My job is getting easier everyday!
    Love, Rick
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am still on yesterday with more to go, but thought I would see what was happening "tomorrow," lol. Anyway, so happy for you @aeshippers!!! What a great accomplishment.
  • Slimpossible007
    Options
    @craigo3154 ... fantastic walk .. one day I will be able to do this again .. hills are a killer for me .. even gentle slopes are a bit of a challenge
    @aeshippers .. there is no nicer feeling than loose pants ... mine are just starting to slip and I keep pointing this out to my hubby lol

SO the biggest challenge I had today was working out how many calories were in my pork ribs, MFP numbers fluctuate so much on this!! I had thrown out the packaging yesterday when we put it in to marinade... and well .. there was no chance I was going to go through the bins for the details lol ... luckily Google is my friend and you can find these details online I searched "food facts tesco pork ribs" and up came the packaging .. the internet can be so useful at times :)

anyway that's enough of my exciting life :neutral:

June 4th

Exercise Yes, walked 2.48 miles and it took 50 minutes (2 separate walks)
    Calories Yes, well within them in fact I am topping them up with beer (unexpected extra mouth to feed tonight, so I had less)
    Tracked Yes (even the struggle of the ribs lol)

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers wow! You're an inspiration. Thank you. And good luck to getting to your new goal.

@craigo3154 ha I too walked round a lake today with my daughter and husband. Beautiful day here. The path was sandy so I think I'll feel it in my glutes tomorrow.

@Slimpossible007 well done for finding it. Did you try putting Tesco ribs into the MFP search though? The mfp database is amazing and seems to find most UK (as well as other international) supermarket brands. In case that helps for next time.

Exercise : yes. It's ridiculous how we (or I) can get frustrated when technology lets us down. My fitbit battery is low. I went hiking with my husband and daughter and we alternated pushing her in stroller, having her on our shoulders and her walking herself. I was surprised to see a low step count when we stopped for a paddle. I was on about 6000. My husband checked his and for the same distance was at 20000 grr. My fault for not charging it last night. My daughter (16 months) also joined me for some exercises this morning. Her squat form is amazing! She puts mine to shame! She kept climbing on me as I did crunches and saying row row to try and play so with a bit of extra rowing the boat I finished my workout in the end!
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes

4/4.
  • penguinstuff
    penguinstuff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm just quickly checking in, I'll for sure be reading trough all new posts though tomorrow morning! Glad to see so many people checking in daily.

Exercised: Yes, as usual a lot of walking and baby carrying around
    Calorie budget: Barely, but trough a lot of pre-calculating managed to stay within it. We got some sweets from a friend that was abroad and I had to check everything prior to trying it out to make sure not to go overboard. I might have looked like a lunatic but it worked and I didn't have to completely skip them so yay.
    Tracking: On top of my game, I'm getting better at this. Noticed I'm also drinking a lot more water now that I'm tracking it, I've never used that function really before so it's pretty cool to see it having an effect.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Noticed that after eating the sweets I got a headache which would explain the past few weeks of pain I was blaming my caffeine intake for. Also skipped on the beer today and I didn't miss it, we usually have a glass or two every night with dinner but we're cutting back on that and I'm feeling pretty good about it.
  • Slimpossible007
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    @Slimpossible007 well done for finding it. Did you try putting Tesco ribs into the MFP search though? The mfp database is amazing and seems to find most UK (as well as other international) supermarket brands. In case that helps for next time.

@am-change ... I did yes, but even under that search there were so many different entries with totally different values I was wary about believing any of them, once I found the true value I used one of the MFP entries, I would save it as one of my own foods but I didn't enjoy them very much so I will be getting a different variety next time :)

your daughter sounds like a little cutie :) .. I saw a family near our local Loch with 4 little kids all doing stretches etc .. so cute, but nice to teach them early to look after their body :)

@penguinstuff ... My mum suffers from migraines and headaches when she eats certain sweets .. she says chocolate is the worst for it .. I was not as good as you with the beer, but I do work it into my calories and I have cut back .. don't check my diary :open_mouth: lol :)

• scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Yesterday was a holiday for me and a bank holiday weekend. I had a family event and a 4 hour road trip yesterday and back today. It's hard to count cals and get the exercise in when someone else is cooking or we stop at a roadside place for a quick bite enroute.

However, I made fairly healthy choices both yesterday and today. o:) This is out of character, as I would use a trip/event as an excuse to splurge/binge. Yesterday, I loaded up my plate with salads rather than bread, pasta, carbs. I avoided the bun with the burger and also avoided the deserts. I had a few wines though.

Today:
    Exercise; three hours trailing around a warehouse type shop. Slow walking, but a long time on my feet so I'm counting it!
    Tracked; yes, but without my scales and knowing the exact recepie of what I was served there was some guess work.
    Cals; I came in 100 cals under, I think and hope my guess work wasnt so far off as to put me over instead.

Its absolutely pouring rain here now, but I plan on a run/walk in the morning.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes a lot of walking at a friends farm and bar spent about 4 hours there helping out clean and dig so Im good and sore
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Weekly Mile Goal - 25.65 / 25 Woohoo

I did get severely sunburnt on my shoulders (Sadly allergic to sunscreen) So not sure if I can do much walking tomorrow as my they have nice blisters on them.
  • kerrre
    kerrre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    June 4: exercised, stayed within my caloric allowance and tracked my food. Been a gorgeous weekend so have ot more steps in than my typical day.