activity tracker

Options
Jaaydejahme
Jaaydejahme Posts: 11 Member
Any thoughts on activity trackers?I just purchased a smart watch which has a pedometer. My level of activity is sedentary so I'm hoping that setting a daily step goal and making sure I reach it will help burn some extra calories. Only thing is I am not able to connect it to this app because it's not a fitbit

Replies

• twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    My garmin running watch counts steps. I am trying not to eat my walking steps back since I consider them just part of my day and a cushion for the fact that I don't use a food scale.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have a hr charge fitbit. I had it connected to MFP but I had trouble getting it to sync so I removed it. I manually now add my workouts and such. I like it shows me my heart rate for workouts
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Surge. I love it!
  • MissCarol863
    MissCarol863 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on activity trackers?I just purchased a smart watch which has a pedometer. My level of activity is sedentary so I'm hoping that setting a daily step goal and making sure I reach it will help burn some extra calories. Only thing is I am not able to connect it to this app because it's not a fitbit

You can record your steps with it and manually input the information here. It may not give the number of steps, but you can choose waljing for so many minutes at a brisk pace. You do it manually. But if you download map my walj, it partners with my fitness pal and what you do there automatically logs here.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    MFP kept asking me if I wanted to add the app map my run, I kept saying no, but a coworker talked about how mucheck he liked it, it I added the app. I tells you how far you have walked by GPS, then records your time and calories into MFP. I think I am going to like it
  • rachelmp17
    rachelmp17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you all found that the workout calorie burn predictions that MFP comes up with are close to what your activity tracker says for non running activities? I do a lot of exercise classes, but don't really run so I am trying to decide if I should get an activity tracker or not
  • Bann554
    Bann554 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge. It helps me alot. Knowing my steps and bpm are important to me. It sync's with MFP. It really helps to keep me motivated. If I haven't gotten my work out or steps, I go and get it done!