fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...75 minutes strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    My knee was stinging a bit so I went a couple of hours at mostly meander pace....

@bocasdelbobdog. Take care of the knees. They can put you out of exercise (and general getting around) for quite a while if they go.
    (@captainfantastic94 what is that readout? Is that a rowing machine? Is that rowing for 2 hours?)

I think the readouts were paces and split times on the rowing machine (like 1021m in 4m40s), quite an intensive sprint. Part of a longer 40+min workout.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    (@captainfantastic94 what is that readout? Is that a rowing machine? Is that rowing for 2 hours?)

No! It's four minutes forty seconds and just over 1000 meters
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Bike 20 minutes.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    My knee was stinging a bit so I went a couple of hours at mostly meander pace....

@bocasdelbobdog. Take care of the knees. They can put you out of exercise (and general getting around) for quite a while if they go.

I think the readouts were paces and split times on the rowing machine (like 1021m in 4m40s), quite an intensive sprint. Part of a longer 40+min workout.

That's exactly right
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 51 minutes of cardio
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 1292/1470
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Going back now to read everyone's post. Y'all are so inspiring. Even if I don't comment​, I read everything. Thank you.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

I would describe the day, but don't even know where to begin. I got a lot of exercise in, the day ended well and I'm happy to be home. :o Sweet dreams, everyone.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Calories: ...We went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, ...I didn't even touch the chips and salsa!

I'm seriously impressed!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I'm just checking in early as I got a calorie shock! It's lunchtime here. I made my lunch and sat down to eat it and track it. Over 900cals! Yikes! I thought I had a healthy enough plate.

It was mostly a plate of baby spinach and avocado.....a full one (mistake 1). I've been avoiding bread as hot toast is my downfall. But today, there was the end of one wholemeal loaf and the start of the other. The kids don't eat the ends, so I toasted them (mistake 2) and buttered them (mistake 3). There was one saussage left over, so I added that too (mistake 4). Then, instead of mayo or creamy coleslaw I put a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top (mistake 5).

I was thinking I just had a lovely healthy open sandwich! Shocked when I counted the cals. Of course, the real mistake is that I didn't plan this lunch in advance. I just grabbed what was in the fridge when I was hungry. I'm beginning to see how my weight had piled on when I think I am eating healthy.

@scubachick67. Let me start with it's OK to make mistakes provided you learn from them (and you are). The past is forgiven. Use what you have learned to make a better tomorrow. I am confident you will.

You have just brilliantly highlighted the "leftover food" conundrum. How do you use good leftovers and still keep within budget.

Fortunately you have also hinted at the solutions:
    1) Tracking. By knowing what the energy density of the food is, you can more sensibly combine things (the more you do it, the easier this becomes)
    2) Portion control. Sometime less is more.
    3) Sensible additions.
    4) Advance planning. Minimise surprises.

Good thing was protein and fats with the carbohydrate.

Each food you highlighted on it's own is not bad.
    - Spinach and avocado (Good - should have taken the edge off the appetite)
    - Wholemeal bread (Better than white bread, fine in moderation, but can add up fast and not fill you up - toasting make little to no difference)
    - Butter (Far better than margarine)
    - Sausage (OK. Good protein, but careful of trans-fat levels).
    - Olive oil & Balsamic vinegar (Good alternative to mayo or creamy coleslaw. Still adds energy but also aids digestion).

I would be pretty sure the bread and the avocado were the lion's share of the calories. If you crave those, then plan around them in future.

Do not deny what you crave. Section out a portion (put the rest away for later - out of sight, out of mind), THEN enjoy what you have portioned out for yourself.

Biggest help I found was working out what macro's fill you up (on the least amount of calories). For me it's proteins and fats. Some it's fibre or vegetables. Eat more of what keeps you full on less calories and you are less likely to eats things you should not.

@scubachick67. You can do this. Work from what you have learned and keep going. We here in the UAC group believe you can do this.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

No! It's four minutes forty seconds and just over 1000 meters

Heh, yeah, I can row a thousand meters. I think I did yesterday but they make us go back and forth to other exercises so I got no idea of the time I spend on it. I will see if I can get my time on that.

But in the meantime I am impressed.

Thank you! I am going to try to get the "2,000 m in 7 minute" thing by the end of the summer
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @lightningbolt9 you are amazing I could not imagine going to a restaurant and not having ANYTHING! :)
    @scubachick67 our calories can get away from us. I find it so much easier to plan my meals. I find it very hard to wing it, unless I go for some old stand bys...lol :p
    @everyone GREAT JOB! We have an amazing team and I am very proud to be a part of it! ;)

exercise yes 60 minutes aquamotion, 30 minutes exercise bike
    calories yes under by over 200 without using any exercise calories(I am going to make that goal...lol)
    tracking everything!

Went to a bursary tea tonight as my oldest granddaughter is graduating. We were very proud that she was awarded a bursary. I stayed for the whole ceremony but left as soon as all the bursaries were given out as I did not trust myself to stay away from the goodies o:) Big NSV for me!
  • acia90
    acia90 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #1 for me.

Still got the exercise in, but not so great with the tracking today.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES...40 minute spin class then 20 full body circuit.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES...a little low today...thought i planned it well then got sidetracked shopping.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

@craigo3154 you have made this check in an awesome one...ty for all the info.