How do you add fat and balance macros?

Options
Rocky4157
Rocky4157 Posts: 4 Member
Trying to work on my macros after loosely starting low carb then transitioning to keto. Looking for food ideas to increase fat intake. Would love some suggestions on these and how to keep your macros in balance! TIA.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You don't need to really add fat if you choose high fat foods.
    You don't have to hit the fat macro as a goal either. It should be seen as a maximum. If you're feeling satisfied, you don't need to add more fat.
    Don't forget, fat is the macro that adjusts up and down to create or close your calorie deficit. Carbs are a limit and protein is a minimum goal to reach daily.

Here's a nice visual example from Stephen Phinney that may help

6dxwe2cauiyt.jpg
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    eat proteins higher in fat like chicken thigh rather than breast and pork belly rather than lean cuts of pork. your cal will increase with the extra fatty cuts but you will also need less of them to feel full. and always search for the best food name to add to your diary some are not correct or leave out important information. (you might find 4 called "chicken thigh" but only 1 or 2 will have the correct cals per gram and include the other nutrients/ macros)
  • sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add avocado and fry things in butter. Hehe
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    If you eat scrambled eggs, instead of having 2 eggs, try 1 egg and 1 egg yolk scrambled together, perhaps in coconut oil... I like that for lunch on weekends, sitting on top of a serving of cottage cheese. mm mm goodness. Avocados are wonderful. salmon is too.
  • majestic_yogi
    majestic_yogi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love drinking heavy cream lattes. I lost ton of fat on those 130g fat (1200 Cal) HC latte from starbucks.