No weight loss

Options
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to Keto, I decided to go on to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, my daughter is diabetic and I've been carb counting for almost 5 years, so I thought this diet should be easy to manage. I'm on day 13, full of energy, but no weight loss at all...I'm staying under 1200 calories and my carb intake is way under 20g plus I've been really strict with the fat protein split...a little frustrated with the unmoving scales but I'm trying to keep optimistic and enjoy the new bursts of energy...but I'm not sure why the weight loss is such an issue. I'm testing my ketone levels and they're still under 1mml so I know I'm not yet in ketosis but wondering how long it could take for me to teach that stage!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Your diary appears to be private. Will be helpful to be able to take a peek to offer ideas.

How are you measuring ketones? Blood? Urine?

Ketosis doesn't guarantee fat loss but if you've been 20g for more than a day or 2 it's impossible to not be in ketosis. Your body has no other choice. At that intake it's forced to make its own glucose which is when ketosis occurs.

Do you weigh your food out or measure it in some way?
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    like Sunny Bunny said, make sure you are eating the right weights of food as 20g is alot less than i remember it being, (especially a nice piece of cheese) but sometimes our bodies can be stubborn things, stay the course and you will get a result soon. Remember to drink lots of water too, but on the flip side i dont show Ketones on my pee sticks anymore as it's to diluted as i now drink 2.5L of water a day. Add some HIIT training too, can be as simple as a few 50m sprints recover and go again 10 times, it will help shock your body into this new program.
  • majestic_yogi
    majestic_yogi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What are your macro %? I have seen many stall on keto because they eat too little and get stuck in vicious cycle of slow metabolism.