Squeezing in a workout...

Options
tlee278
tlee278 Posts: 35 Member
This week has flown by quickly and the most exercise I've gotten is from walking. The kiddo has activities all this week and with us getting home late, my early morning workouts haven't happened this week.

I've been fortunate to stay under my calorie goals so far.

How about everyone else-how do you find the time to squeeze a workout in when you have a chaotic schedule?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    5am club .... when I miss that I get it in at 8/9pm.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here. 5am and if I miss that, I have to stay up later than I'd like to get it in. Have to get all the kids to bed and prep for the next day and still have to keep myself awake to work out. It's awful. Surprisingly 5am has been easier for me! lol
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'll aim to get a quick walk,at lunch, even if it's 10 mins and another afternoon one. Luckily I live in a very walkable city. I might do some push ups, jumping jacks, etc for a few mins at home or quick 10 min yoga.

My nutritionist said to move everyday if possible, even if it's small since it's better than not. Get it in where you can. Lol push ups while microwaving your dinner or waiting for something to cook.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Spot on @sdaphne I have to get up at 5 to get to work at me current (temp) job. There is no way I can drag my butt out of bed earlier than that to workout. I do my three day a week program the moment I get home on Tuesdays/Thursdays, then as soon as I get up Saturday. I spend time in the pool on the other days and walking constantly at work. I also do lunges, calf lifts while I am on the phone and will do tricep dips, curls while I am waiting for something to cook.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wherever I can! At lunch at work, during the kids warm-ups for games, at kids practices. I refuse to do the 5am wake since my kids learned to sleep in :wink:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Wherever I can! At lunch at work, during the kids warm-ups for games, at kids practices. I refuse to do the 5am wake since my kids learned to sleep in :wink:

Haha! Funny. I'm the exact opposite. I'm waiting for their sporadic sleep-ins to become permanent and then I can be more consistent with my morning workouts. Nothing like listening to someone saying "I have to go workout when I get off" .... NOT ME! I rose before the sun :p
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    5 am is my go to
    I have a 20 minute Pilates DVD that I can sometimes get to right after work if I make an oven or slow cooker dinner (like a lasagna or pulled pork).
    Family walks and bike rides and more recently playing some basketball in the driveway are another way I have been sneaking some extra in. I have a home gym setup so can also pull out some equipment while watching TV at night if needed - hula hoop is my personal fave.
    5 minutes of jump rope burns quite a few calories too.