VSG Tomorrow!!

Options
Shull_rachael
Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
I can't believe this day is finally almost here! I go in for VSG tomorrow. I don't check in until 11:50 so I have a later surgery but I'm still so close! My nerves are shot right now and I could really use the extra support. I'm really worried my preop diet won't be sufficient. I lost 10lbs in 2weeks which really worries me. Does anyone have any hospital/ night before tips, anything I should bring that you might have wish you did? Thanks!

Replies

• dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It will be all good. This is a long journey to surgery. Your are ready. Good luck.
    I'm scheduled on June 13th.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. This is an anxious time, but you're almost there. Your preop diet will have been enough and you won't use half of what you take to the hospital, so don't worry about finding any more stuff to bring. Good luck!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss in pre-op diet is great! You seem very prepared to me. Make sure you bring your phone charger. Try to walk aa soon and as much as possible after surgery. I'm confident you'll do great and everyday going forward you'll be achieving those long awaited health goals. Good luck tomorrow!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Shull_rachael
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support y'all are awesome!
    @professor700 thank you. I am and I appreciate your comment. I can't believe someone flagged it! I'll keep that verse in mind along with many others!!
  • Shull_rachael
    Options
    dabearo wrote: »
    It will be all good. This is a long journey to surgery. Your are ready. Good luck.
    I'm scheduled on June 13th.
    Good luck! We're not far apart! It's hard to believe it's here! I hope your pre op is going great!
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sending you good vibes.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of positive energy and wishing you a speedy and easy recovery!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I only brought along comfy clothes, night gown, slippers for walking, hair brush, and my phone/charger (CPAP, but not sure if you use one). The hospital had toiletries, so I didn't bother bringing those.

10 pounds lost is fine enough for getting your liver smaller. Be prepared for your lungs to hurt for a couple hours after you wake up from anesthesia, especially right after. You'll likely have take deep breaths from a little plastic device during your whole stay there. It's supposed to help prevent pneumonia by helping your lungs expand, etc.

I tried to walk the hall every hour or so when I felt good enough to. Stay on top of your pain and anti-nausea meds. I thought I felt good enough to miss a dose and regretted it later.

You'll have an IV with liquids, so don't stress too much about getting in liquids in by mouth, though they like you to sip on water. I think I was doing 50cc an hour or something.

You'll be fine. It was scary at first before the surgery, but trust me, you'll be fine. I don't remember going under, but it seemed like a moment later they were waking me up. It seems instantaneous.

Good luck!
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will do Great! The only things I used were my phone charger, slippers, hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo and conditioner.
    I was very nervous the night before, and right up until they put me out. The pain wasn't even close to what I had anticipated. The next few days are going to fly by!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Relax and let the next two days happen. You wil feel better and better with each hour. You got this.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you today! Let us know how you are doing/feeling when you can. This will be the best decision of your life!
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hope everything went well!
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good luck. This is a great journey.
  • tpyle65
    tpyle65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is a great start to a new healthier life. All the best ti you!
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How you doing?