petition

Options

Replies

• LowcarbLondoner
    LowcarbLondoner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gianfranco, I've signed. Although I'm UK based our dietary guidelines seem to follow the same pattern of the US. I find myself constantly having to 'enlighten' my friends when they worry about eating too much salt & fat, when they should be worrying about the excessive amount of sugar & carbs. Many of them are health conscious & following the official dogma. The result is that most of the older ones are diabetic or pre-diabetic, have stubborn middle/belly fat (even though they excercise) the over 70's have all had some form of cataract/eye surgery & some are taking statins. I despair at the poor dietary advice we have been told to follow, it's ruining our health & going to bankrupt the NHS
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I just signed. Given the current political climate here in the United States of Corporate Profits, it's probably spitting in the wind. But we do what we can.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada so I know nothing will happen here.... Because legalizing marijuana is a much more crcucial health care matter.

Of course, if Trudeau can get in a hug and a selfie he might feign interest. Ugh.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Signed! Thank you OP! Proud American here!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Signed!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Even though, like @fivetw0 I too am in the UK, I signed because we have an awful lot of negative food trends and bad advice being promoted and it's time it stopped. Really, it is.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Signed. Thanks.
  • My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    signed and shared on Facebook
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I signed.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm in Canada so I know nothing will happen here.... Because legalizing marijuana is a much more crcucial health care matter.

Of course, if Trudeau can get in a hug and a selfie he might feign interest. Ugh.

Love it when I am not the only one who is fed up with him!!

And I signed.