Options
    Exercise: Yes, a run between thunderstorms
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, the aerodyne bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Actually I thought I ate a lot today but when I added everything in tonight I was a couple hundred calories below my goal.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my downfall and are often the reason behind my falling off the wagon. I'm getting better though. I don't deprive myself, but I'm learning to make healthy decisions when attending to my cravings.

I love how everyone is so honest and open about their journey. You are all so inspiring!

Exercise? Yes; 62 minutes of strength training, 30 minutes of running, and an hour hike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I have been very anxious and have been feeling out-of-touch lately. Exercising and eating healthy has been my staple and has curbed my anxiety quite a bit. I'm not sure how I managed before getting into this healthy routine, but I'm certainly happy that I did.

• pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well it is time to check out for the night. Had a good day today. NSV for the week, I beat all my exercise goals I set for myself this week!

exercise yes 50 minutes exercise bike, 30 minutes gardening
    calories yes but just under by 50
    tracking yes everything

Good night everyone
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?yes...took Maggie to the off leash park...and actually ran up 80 of the 100 stairs they have there...couldn't do that last year...

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? I did...

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    The good, the bad, and the sour patch kids...

Hugs
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I made it to LA with my son in a little over 7 hours. Of course work was crazy today and we left later than I wanted, but we are here! Oh and yeah, we couldn't have left much earlier because he was at the dentist, who came in on a Sunday (!) to repair a tooth that he broke off last night. This is an important front tooth that he already broke previously, along with 7 others at once in a sports accident several years ago, so she knows us and his teeth very well. Many, many procedures. Two others are loose but nothing has come out this time. Is that enough? Nah. The tooth broke off because he hit it with his knee while doing a backflip on a trampoline, at a friend's neighbors house, in the dark. So, last night he was getting his knee sutured up where he had lacerated it with his own mouth. Just a normal weekend for us.

I am reading everyone's posts on the treadmill at the hotel and so incredibly impressed with you all! We have so many helping hands reaching out to pull those who need it back on to that wagon!! And of course, we all need that hand sometime.

Stress eating is a big thing I have had to work on. Now I do tend to recognize it and say to myself, you are stressed, just wanting to eat your stress. Is that really the choice you choose to make? It helps me keep to make the better choice.

Hard to walk type so done now

Yes x 3
    Walk x 50 min treadmill

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @pribud thank you! Unfortunately day two was much less successful I am using my third pass and am falling off the wagon but I'm going to keep checking in and using you guys for accountability
    Tracking? No
    Goal? Deffinately no
    Activity? 9 hours of serving
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    My report: It's past midnight.
    Yes x 3
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @pribud thank you! Unfortunately day two was much less successful I am using my third pass and am falling off the wagon but I'm going to keep checking in and using you guys for accountability
    Tracking? No
    Goal? Deffinately no

@captainfantastic94. UAC is not baseball. Three strikes is not out. You are allowed 3 pass days.

Keep with it. Even if you need to pass again. Myself and the UAC group will help as much as possible.

Working in a restaurant, makes it extra tough (more available food). The good thing is that you are on your feet and burn through more calories than desk jockeys like myself.
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    srufus wrote: »

First, how do you all manage to log your home cooked meals accurately ? I make breakfast, lunch and dinner fresh everyday. Breakfast is easier to log, just a few choices. But when it gets to lunch and dinner, I just cook instictively . Till I started UAC I have never measured anything I cook. Even if I am making the same dish again, quantities are different and the calories vary. Now that I am measuring, I find that I am spending much more time in the kitchen. I haven't found a way out of this yet.

Second, I go over the sodium limit very easily, even if I don't go over it I am almost at the limit. I had no idea I was eating this much salt. So this week's goal is to actually reduce my salt intake.

I kind of track the ingredients. I have the same breakfast mostly everyday. My oatmeal is measured, 1/3 of a cup, raisins, 1/3 cup, yogurt, 1 cup.

I guess I don't really cook instinctively that much. Bean pizza, I read the label and try to approximate a serving size. The flatbreads have labeled calories, shedded cheese, I am not perfectly meticulous but I bet I am within 50 cals or so for a prepared meal. I am not real meticulous when it comes to condiments. If it is going to be mayonaise or sour cream I look for a serving size and either multiply or divide.

But I kind of leave it to MFP to know what kind of sodium is in there. Things I don't eat because of sodium. Canned soup and canned vegtable juice and a lot of canned vegtables. I used to think that stuff was healthy. Well maybe it is for young guys that don't have to care about sodium.

I don't really like preparing fresh vegtables. Chopping and peeling. I buy frozen. I often make a stir fry out of frozen. Put some chicken nuggets in for protein(frozen). That stuff is all nutrition labelled. Chicken nuggets ain't exactly health food but it ain't like I switched to unsalted butter and considered that the mainstay of my dietary improvement.

I am sometimes kind of an instinctive cook. But I also kind of instinctively know what I am putting in my meals. I also try to not prepare more than a meal or serving size. Leftovers are kind of a weakness for me. If I make a full size pizza can I stop eating when I get to a serving size? Not really. That is why I make individuals pizzas out of flat breads.

Chicken nuggets ... I count them. I usually get 4. They aren't they same size so the measuring of that isn't going to be perfect. I don't use a gram scale or anything. I think my tracking is pretty close. 25 oz Foster beer hasn't got a nutrition label on it but MFP knows how many cals are in it.

I eat a lot of pitas. I get these chicken of the sea salmon envelopes. My wife don't like them because they are a dollar each. But I make a salmon pita sandwich and I know right off the top it is 70 for the pita and 90 for the salmon. That is one of my mainstays. Salmon = protein, pita = carb. I can have 2 easy, more if I been burning.

For a snack sometimes I will slice tomatoes into my pita and or cucumber. If I put sour cream I count it.

Oh yeah, and grilled cheese pitas. Grab a pita, peel it open. Grab a pinch of shredded cheese (1/3 cup). Stick it in the pita. Stick the pita in the toaster and walla! Grilled cheese sandwich. (1/4 cup Cheese = 160 cal)

I used to make a lot of bread in the bread machine. That didn't pan out. It is too good. I gained weight. That is 4 cups of flour. I would eat that in like a day. If I was lucky I would have help from my wife but really it was too much for the both of us. How many cals in a cup of flour? 500? Bread sneaks up on you.

Cold cuts have a lot of sodium and fat. I eat them sparingly. They are also my weakness. If I got cold cuts I eat them too fast. I don't buy them very often.

Anyway, here is me talking like I know more than I do.

Cheers.

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    Options
    grabs hold of @captainfantastic94 and holds him on the wagon ... we got you !! stay with us even if you do pass.

Even if you passed 15 days this month .. you make the improvement and try to make it only 14 passes next month ...its a change of lifestyle not a race. you got it! and as said above .. the calories you are burning at work will be massive due to being on your feet all day!

@srufus tracking home cooking .... I tend to make large batches of most of my foods like my soups curries chillis etc etc and I freeze them into portions .. when I make a batch I weigh everything and put them into the MFP recipe or remember this meal section, so that for the next several times I eat that food it will be in the memory bank here at MFP ... when I make a new batch I simply go in and change some of the amounts as needed in MFP then I know that for the next while I will be logging properly. .. to make that a little easier I tend to use 1 whole bag of chicken, 1 whole can of beans 1 whole can of tomatoes . etc .. these weights and cals don't change over time .. only the loose foods do and its easy enough to alter your saved meal with only a few items.

• kerrre
    kerrre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pass day#2.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Tracking? No
    Goal? Deffinately no

@captainfantastic94. UAC is not baseball. Three strikes is not out. You are allowed 3 pass days.

Keep with it. Even if you need to pass again. Myself and the UAC group will help as much as possible.

Working in a restaurant, makes it extra tough (more available food). The good thing is that you are on your feet and burn through more calories than desk jockeys like myself.
    Well thanks for that! And awesome! Like I said, I'm still going to keep checking in and trying to hit my goals! Thank you for the encouragement!
    grabs hold of @captainfantastic94 and holds him on the wagon ... we got you !! stay with us even if you do pass.

Even if you passed 15 days this month .. you make the improvement and try to make it only 14 passes next month ...its a change of lifestyle not a race. you got it! and as said above .. the calories you are burning at work will be massive due to being on your feet all day

Thank you for that encouragement! I shall keep my path straight!!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I made it .. Yes x 3 :):):)

@pribud.. Thank you! Right back at ya! :)

• srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbobdog : Thank you so much for sharing. I specially like the grilled pita sandwich :) will try that for sure.
    I am trying to eat the same breakfast everyday as well, just to make logging easier.

@Slimpossible007 : I loved the batch idea, in fact I tried it today and I am glad I won't have to enter all the ingredients for the dish again. Thank you so much !
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Pass #1