June 14 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @RangerRickL, that post reminds me of this song. You nearly quoted the first line!
    [Video]https://youtu.be/xiaS4PEC4MM[/video]
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Pass day #1 today.

Woke up tired (have done for a few days now). Tried to complete my usual rowing program but it was a real effort so stopped after 10 minutes. Went to work but just had no energy so called my boss and asked for the afternoon off to rest. Spent the rest of my day reading, napping and catching up on the sports highlights. Hoping that it's just that I've been overdoing things and I'm not getting sick.
    Win for me though, having decided to take a pass day and feeling tired there was a big temptation to stop logging and pig out on junk but I didn't, still tracked and came in under calories. So despite being a pass day I'm really happy with my choices.
    Going to sleep now and it's not even 9:15, hoping to feel back to normal tomorrow.
  • scubachick67
    Options
    @aeshippers you may need to drink more water. Tiredness is the first sign of dehydration. The 8 glasses/2litres which is regularly mentioned is a minimum, in winter with no central heating or exercise. Weight loss uses up water too. Pee clear!

You also might need to increase iron intake (leafy greens and red meat). With iron, you should take.VitC, to help the iron to absorb.
    @craigo3154 - how's my advice? I think you will know more than me.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    OY shopping with mom was quite the experience. All of a sudden she turned crabby. I tried everything to make her happy and that meant I tried on a lot of clothes as she decided she thought she knew what would look great on me. :# She is really great at finding clothes that pick out my worst areas or it could be because she just picked the wrong size because it looked big enough. I did get a few things but for everything that is coming in the house something is leaving so I was very choosy. I will definitely be doing more ab work. I keep forgetting that my new job I sit for most of the day and need to focus on stuff or I will turn into a marshmallow.

I also need to get back into the habit of doing up meals in advance. I do fine for everything but dinner as I let my husband do that meal. I really need to just focus and not care if I hurt his feelings. Most of the times what he makes is stuff I don't even want to eat anyway I'm just eating it because he made it. I really need to get my act together.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers .. well done getting to the middle of the month and only on pass 1 ... I look forward to hearing your 3 yesses tomorrow :)

@2020pinktogo you may need to go clothes shopping alone next time lol ..

I'm so tired today, my 6 mile walk has wiped me out, however i promised to go for a walk with my mum today and the sun is shining, I'm sure I will fell better when I get out the door :) shes coming up at 1:30 so I have 15 minutes to pull myself together lol

• pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Last day before my surgery so it will be a busy one! Will be going to our friends this evening as I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am and my husband can not drive for another week.

@2020pinktogo WOW! sounds like you had quite a day shopping. Like @craigo3154 said make sure you are taking some YOU time. I know it is our nature to look after others but WE are important too! Have you discussed with your husband the struggle you are having with your program? Does he understand what you are trying to do? I have had these discussions with mine and he is now very supportive and we plan meals together. Not sure if this will help but can't hurt..lol :p
    @slimpossible007 it is good that you are going walking today, just make sure you are not overdoing it 2 days in a row. Your body will let you know when it has had enough..remember you have to get back home though..lol :p
    @aeshippers glad to hear you took sometime to look after YOU today, hope you are back to yourself soon. I have faith that you know your body and will do the right thing for yourself.
    @craigo3154 GREAT walk today and as always GREAT advice!
    @scubachick67 thanks for the friend request. Hope you got my message.
    @RangerRickL Is this your farm? Do you bale hay?

Reminder to @everyone.........Your ATTITUDE determines your success! If you portray you can do it, THEN YOU CAN.........If you portray that you can't..YOU CAN'T.

An employee of mine once said to me when I was discussing how his positive attitude enhances our working environment, "It is not your APTITUDE but your ATTITUDE that determines your ALTITUDE in life"....Will never forget this :)

I will be checking in later with all my positive results........lol B)
  • scubachick67
    Options
    @pribud I did get your message. Im sending you lots of cyber "heal quickly" vibes.

@shauna30 You get my vote for Wonder Woman! Can I come on holidsys to your place to get fed and foddered for a week. Lol. :D:D

My report today: This is my 4th pass day. I tracked, but nothing else. My cals were 800 over and I got no exercise (unless you include doing laundry all day...ah the glam). My food choices were not very good, but I.enjoyed every bite. :p

I am out if the winners circle, but I will keep going as if I am not.
    I will also be back for another round in July!
    MjAxMi03YmIyNjQxMWYyOGY2NmQ5.png
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support everyone - pleased to report I feel less tired today but have decided to take an active rest day with only walking and maybe a little pilates / stretching for exercise.

@scubachick67 - I usually drink lots of herbal & green tea but will try adding more water today in case.
    @slimpossible007 - I was hoping to save my 3 pass days as I have a 1 day work conference next week and a 2 day conference the following week and I suspect calories and tracking will be an issue - going to have to make at least one of those days count now though!
    @craigo3154 - thanks for the encouragement, have already planned to do lower exercise today and maybe tomorrow. Lots of walking for next few days anyway as I am dogsitting for a friend from tonight until Sunday afternoon.
    @pribud - thanks and am feeling better today if not completely back o full energy levels. Hope your operation is successful and you too are back to normal and better than normal soon.

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @pribud I don't want to come home, thats where the housework waits :tongue:

@aeshippers I don't envy you .. eating out can be very tricky, we got a food flask from amazon which is AMAZING .. keeps food warm for (it says 24 hours) but I'd say 12 hours ... it is amazing! If you put food in piping hot it still is too hot to eat 6 hours later .. I put soups, currys, stews etc in it and it solved my hubbys problems for eating on the go .. heat in the morning and your lunch / dinner is still warm when you want it :)

heres the link if your interested hope it works

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003SXEU0M/ref=twister_B06XH5HJV3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

cals yes
    track yes
    exercise ... 2 1/2 hour walk 5.1 miles with my mum, took her to see the forest, which she didn't know was there and she is going to talk my dad into going for walks there too.

super tired now, and will prob only manage a minimum amount tomorrow as my house really needs some cleaning attention lol
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 11Mile walk today (I feel dead tired)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Gotten over 20 miles in these last two days which is nice but certainly tiring.

@RangerRickL That's certainly a ton of hay, I know when I work around hay I usually get some massive allergies but always good exercise.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Bike, as usual.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 58 minutes of strength training and a 30 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It's a little late and I'm sleepy, but I've read all these posts and hold you all in prayers and thoughts.
    @pribud good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well.
    @2020pinktogo about 20 years ago I lost a lot of weight including 175 lb husband. Best thing I ever did for myself. Married his best friend, my soul mate. Your partner should be encouraging you through this, not feeling threatened by it.
    @craigo3154 you need to hang out a shingle. You give great advice and insight.

I'm calling it a day. Yes to all three!!!
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @fightingthetideofaging HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) Great job on foregoing the day of gluttony!