OTF Wristband

Options
goodigirl2
goodigirl2 Posts: 58 Member
Hi! Has anyone used the OTF wristband? I've heard it's sort of glichy when recording HR. Anyone?

Replies

• OTPMeg
    OTPMeg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It can be a little glitchy in the weight room...I was dead for a few minutes during my workout this morning ;)

So far, I've found it much less glitchy than the chest strap...I had a hard time keeping that in place (but I'm a beginner with large breasts and I'm really out of shape). The wristband doesn't like you moving your wrist a whole lot--like for burpees or pushups or planks (I think you see where I'm going with this), so you have to move the band higher on your wrist to keep it from freaking out when you bend your wrist for those.
  • goodigirl2
    goodigirl2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Some people in class said they like it better than the chest strap, which I hate! But I did notice they were dead a few times. I think I'll wait a month and see what more people at my location say!!
  • thkdiffgirl
    thkdiffgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The wristband is not as accurate as the waist band, but if you have a large upper body this may cause the waist band to go offline during the workout :) . The bands are all bluetooth technology, they are close but not accurate. It is nice having the OT bands , and that after the workout you get a progress report. I also wear my apple watch , which gives me better stats for heart rate and calories burned .
  • thkdiffgirl
    thkdiffgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    P.S, i wear the waist band .
  • Sheil813
    Sheil813 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the wrist band and just have it up over my wrist bone - during the 3G classes i try to start out in the weight room - it never goes to green usually (unless we are doing tons of squats) When I go to treadmill or rower I feel like a I make up for it though - I still burn around 500 - 550 calories a class.