What Day Is It?

Options
johnlreeb
johnlreeb Posts: 637 Member
National Lobster Day.
What went through the mind of the first person who was fishing for Cod and pulled in a net full of ugly things with snapping claws. I suppose his first thought was "I must keep them alive until I can kill them in a pot of boiling water, but then what? For to eat one is an abomination. Perhaps if I smash it's shell with a hammer and slather it with melted butter, God won't smite me down."

National Electricity Day.
You can't go one day without anything that uses it in any way, unless you are one of those genuine survivalists. If your were, then you aren't reading this.

Global Wind Day.
There are third world countries that still don't have blowing wind.

Recess At Work Day.
Lay you blankie on the floor for a 20 minute nap, but please don't block the aisle.

Sneak a Kiss Day.
This could get you a trip to HR, the police lock-up, the unemployment office, your attorney's office, court, and bankruptcy. So you'd best be certain she/he is that hot.

Birthdays:
Doogie Howser, 44
Carrie Heffernan, 47
O'Shea Jackson Sr. 48
Monica Geller, 53
Jamie Buchman, 54
James Adam Belushi, 63

If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.
Goad cult name: Sir Cranky Pants

Replies

• TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    johnlreeb: "Global Wind Day. There are third world countries that still don't have blowing wind."

ROFLMAO!!! Great one John!!! :D
  • WalkNH
    WalkNH Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Many thanks you to the first people to eat lobster. And thank you to the brave lobster(wo)men for going out and hauling traps. Lobstah makes it worth living near the New Hampshire coast and having to shovel during the 5 month long winter.