June 15 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    wjmb4j4awmub.jpg
    It's the 15th!!
    Today is a great day to share some Non Scale Victory! You don't have to lost weight to have a non scale victory!!
    For example: Yesterday, @fightingthetideofaging of aging unchained himself from too much carrot cake.
    @pinktogo2020 committed to consistent exercise and good health.
    @Everyone is showing up to reinforce good habits!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 15
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7.5km in 73 minutes (Hills - Twin Peaks walk - Better time than last time I did it).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

@aeshippers. Great NSV. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Do not be concerned with the protein goal during lighter days. Remember, marathon, not sprint. Habits you have been forming over the past months are setting you up for life.

@2020pinktogo. I could not imagine what you go through. You have incredible strength already. Make sure you take care of you (as you have been) as well as your husband. Hopefully the rough days continue to be rare.

@Dosse1320. Well done on fitting into slimmer fit clothes. Must feels great.

@fightingthetideofaging. Happy birthday for yesterday. Even better for resisting temptation. (I Hope I can be as good when my birthday rolls round later this month).

@scubachick67. Well done for committing to stick with UAC this month despite already having 4 passes. Keep forming/re-enforcing the good habits and you will be a winner anyway.

My NSV's are:
    - I am wearing new size 92 trousers that I could not fit in a month ago (my wife was looking to donate them to an op shop a couple years ago as they were unworn and she though I would never fit them again). This is down from size 102 two months ago.
    - I beat my previous time on the twin peaks walk. Was not as out of breath as I have been on previous days I've done this walk.
    - I discovered my digital bathroom scales batteries were dying (resolution issues) and the batteries have now been replaced (interested to see if they behave now). I had evidence my bathroom scales really were lying. ;) - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/39810331/#Comment_39810331
    - Increased the difficulty of my weekly bodyweight strength routines as they were starting to get too easy (again).

Looking forward to when the 92's are as loose as the 102's now are. I think my optimal size may be between 82 and 87.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love everyone's NSV's. Mine are 1) I track every day. 2) I have done some form of workout or high burn activity for 24 straight days. 3) I am fitting in clothes I couldn't last summer 4) I am learning to let go of the "perfectionist" mentality. 5) No matter how tired I am, I make sure to "check in".
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated bday @fightingthetideofaging!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's NSV's. It is always inspiring!

My top current NSV's
    1. I realized when I left the grocery store the other day that I did not buy any food/treats to eat on the way home in the car..... and that I had not for a good three months. This is big, because this was a not so great habit of mine. Best part, it hasn't even been crossing my mind to get something.
    2. I can fit into all of my clothes (and had to buy smaller shorts)
    3. I am back to running longer distances. Still babying past injury, but lots of progress.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 183 minutes of walking (154 was at 4mph) I sweated like a mad man
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Weekly Mile Goal - (11.61 / 25) Encase anybody is wondering I start it on thursday and end it when I hit 25 but lately I've been hitting 45+Miles a week. My body does feel alot better and full of energy this month.

On a side note I'm changing my calorie budget as I've been allowing myself to snack abit more on my sunchips or a sandwich as im more active cause it says (*You've earned 1,316 extra calories from exercise today) And I think that number might be off by a good bit which is why Im not seeing the results I hoped to see, So I plan to set 1900 as my limit and just never exceed that limit even if Im extremely active

Always good to stay positive!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    WOW, thank you everyone for the kind words and birthday wishes...you all are the best!!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep...45 minute Hi Low HIIT class, followed by a 45 minute Barre class
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Love all the NSV's. We are all so much more than that stinking scale number.

I have one more to add....my shape is coming back. My waist line is more defined, my hips are not so padded and my back fat is slimming down too. I think at the end of the month when I do my measures, I might take a new set of progress pics.

Yes I exercised.....45 minutes of cardio, 15 of strength and 60 minutes of painting in 90+degree weather.
    Yes-I tracked and stayed under my calorie range.

It's been a good day. Good night y'all.
  • lightningbolt9
    lightningbolt9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your NSVs! I hate being chained to the scale and what it says. I always feel so much better when the victory is qualitative instead of quantitative.

My NSV... While I was talked into getting lunch today (after my boss brought in smoothies for everyone--I'm well fed at work!), I split my meal in half AND tracked AND did not eat more for the rest of the day because lunch already pushed me over my calorie limit, and then I exercised until I burned those calories off! Also, today I was able to get through the full 25 minutes of cardio in the T25 program, and I even did an extra 10 minutes on top of that. So yes, yes, and yes.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @fightingthetideofaging Belated wishes to you ! Hope you had a great day :)

Just reading all he NSV's is so inspiring :) Everyone is doing so great.

My NSV :
    1) I actually set a weight loss goal. I didn't have one on June 1 but now I do !
    2) Walking : I used to walk only for 20-30 minutes before but from last week I have been able to walk 5 miles in around 80 minutes.
    3) The biggest NSV is that I made it to the 15th ;) Wouldn't have done it without you all.

Today's check in:
    1) Exercise : Yes. Morning walk for 75 mins, around 4.4 miles
    2) Tracking : yes
    3) Calorie goal : Yes. 300 calorie deficit
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 20 minute run and 48 minutes of strength training
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes