Weekly Post 11.6 -17.6.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
A new week! I am excited to be down 5 pounds in total. That makes 1/8 of my goal. :)
The weather is supposed to be very hot this week, so we can go to the pool. :smile:
I hope everyone has a great week and happy fasting!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My fasts went bust last week and thus I'm glad my weight is more or less stable, even if I'm not at the weight I'd like to be. Had a lovely day with my mom and sis on Friday...picking out wood flooring and tiles for my new apartment. And yesterday I did a 6h tour with my sis on the Rhine. Gorgeous weather!! Easy day today. Went riding in the morning and made 4kg of strawberry/lime jam. Field to jar in less than 8h, thus very fresh ;-) and very yummy.

Fast planned for Mo / Th and I should be able to bike to work 2-3 times this week. TOM is ending so fasts should be easier ;-). Have a good week everyone!!

35vqx7lhpdb8.jpg
    ^^my sis being a tourist in front of the Rhine Falls ;-)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody!

Congrats on the loss, Kate! Beautiful picture, Flumi! :)

Hope everybody had a great weekend. I had a nice one. Friday night we went to a restaurant that has an open deck / patio on the water with nice inexpensive happy hour pricing on beer, wine, cocktails, and appetizers from 4pm to 7pm. My guy and I like to go and to share some appetizers and have some drinks. The food is nice there. We had a nice time. The weather was sunny and warm. Saturday we went to the gym in the morning and then brought healthy sandwiches to the beach. Did the same thing on Sunday. In between the usual grocery store runs, errands, etc. We hit two stores a week in our house since do the regular grocery store as well as Trader Joe's. I find you get better deals at TJ's on a lot of organic veggies, fruits, beans, milk and stuff like that. We find that doing 5:2 does make the weekly grocery bill lighter. :p

Summer has finally arrived here. Supposed to be 90 degrees F here today and hot most of the week. Bring it on!

Light day today. Feeling pretty good. No complaints. Hope everybody is doing well.

Check in again soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, today WAS a fast day... until my husband asked if we wanted to go to the Japanese steakhouse and we all said, "Oh, yeah!"
    It was super good and I didn't go over calories for since I didn't have anything else except a little lunch and snack. So I guess I will shoot for fasting Wed and Fri or Sat.
    I hope you all had a great day and better luck with your fasts than I did. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Whoops, I hear you Kate. LOL Nothing quite like a good meal at a Japanese Steakhouse. :smiley:

Light day went well for me. The usual menu and trip to the gym after work. I felt good all day. Only time I get a little hungry or looking for a little more is after dinner. But then we watch a little TV and try and turn in early. Then done and today is a new day! I am only weighing on Fridays and keeping to that.

I think what is happening is inches have been coming off. So when that strange week happened where I had gained, I have a funny feeling I was losing inches. When I wore my bathing suit this past weekend I noticed it up top in my chest area. Usually one of the first things to start going LOL Jeans are definitely loser. Bought a new pair of white jeans on Sunday. Looking forward to rocking those this summer. B)

Have a good Tuesday all! Chat soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hope everybody is having a good Wednesday!
    Quiet day here. Not too much happening.
    Sunny and less humid here which is nice. The week is plugging along, which is good! No complaints...
    Gym tonight as well as left overs. :)
    Light day tomorrow.
    Hope all is well with you! Chat with you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I actually fasted today. :)
    I have been going through my entire house and cleaning. Today I started on our office/front room. I didn't realize how much I was dreading it until it came time to get started. BUT, I got started and cleared out a bunch of stuff and tomorrow I move on to the bookshelves.
    Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi All,

Congrats on a good fast, Kate! Cleaning house is a good feeling. We did a big spring cleaning earlier this year. Threw a bunch of stuff out in filing cabinets, drawers, cabinets, etc. It is almost cleansing. :)

Today is light day for me. Drinking some water and green tea. The usual... ;)

Yesterday was good. Regular day and a gym trip after work. Tonight a trip to the gym as well.
    Fridays we take off at the gym. I look forward to Fridays!!
    Hoping for the best regarding tomorrow's weigh in. TOM is coming soon, so ya never know!
    Have a good one everybody!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well heck! I wrote a nice detailed note yesterday and I don't see it here...must of not pressed 'done' and clicked out by accident! Geez!

Well, in short, I have been busy, a little trip on my own to visit an old friend... lovely time! So my days the past two weeks were spent shopping for an outfit, which proved my sizing is a solid 8 (cdn) which is awesome.

I've been working out with weights 3x week full body which is feeling good. Getting tired of the logging my foods this past year!! Some days I log everything and other days I just forget... maybe my brain is telling me it's ok to not be so strict. I'm thinking what works for me is to be strict every other month..? Just a thought.

The water looks cold flumi! Do you ever fall in??

Great job Kate & Meghan keeping up with your goals!! It's inspiring to many!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Sorry you lost your note Mama! :( Darn technology...
    Glad you had a nice visit with your friend! Congrats on size 8 - woo hoo!
    Definitely have to do what works for you and makes you happy.
    I think I like that the most about 5:2. It is serious on the days it needs to be (Light Days) and on the other days you do what works for you. Lately I have buckled down a bit with my calories on my non light days to see if that keeps the scale moving. Time will tell if that works.
    Thank you! My guy is down 35 pounds and I am down 20 and I have to say it hasn't been much of a pain in the *ss at all...
    Not to mention the inches. Have to include those too. I wish we measured before we started! Those are coming off as well, even if the pounds are slow some weeks. Clothes are looser. Smaller sizes are fitting again. Poor BF's jeans keep falling down, but he wants to wait a little longer until he can wear the next size down to buy new ones. LOL
    Hopefully we are both down a little more after tomorrow's AM's weigh in. Hee hee.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Thanks @mamainthekitchen! Sorry you lost your post!
    I have been working through a book that takes you through cleaning your house in a month. I have been recording the calories I burn whilst scrubbing the floors and washing the windows and hauling stuff out of the house and it is really nice to see how much it adds up. And it is really lovely to have a super clean house. My house was clean and mostly tidy (I DO have kids) before, but there was hidden dirt that no one else knew about. I didn't realize how much it was weighing me down until I started taking care of it. It has also become sort of a metaphor for getting myself in line spiritually and physically. Sort of "if I can get the house in shape, I can get me in shape."
    Sorry, I got a little deep, there, but I really believe that losing weight is 90% mental, and when you get that in line, the rest sort of falls in place.
    Happy fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    ^^^ Kate! I need that book!!! What is the name of it??!
  • Meghan509
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Happy to check in today with a 1.8 pound loss! :# Very pleased with my results! TOM is just around the corner. Bring it on! LOL

Yesterday's light day came and went. No biggie. Funny thing is I find when I am on a Light Day sometimes it seems that I can tear up the treadmill at the gym (we go after work) - even with fewer calories in me! I don't feel weak or anything.

Friday's are one of my favorite days of the week. Tends to be a quiet day at the office which I like. Ease right in to the weekend! Night off from the gym too. I like the break. Hoping to get to the beach at least a day this weekend if the weather cooperates. My Dad and family are down south in FL, so no Father's day celebrations for me. My guy's family is close by in NY but don't think we will be going there as his mom has not been feeling well and in the mood for cooking and company.

Brought lunch in today so I can save calories for a dinner out tonight with my guy. He had a loss today this AM too!

Interesting post and book Kate! Do tell us the name when you have a moment. Curious minds want to know. ;) A few weeks after we started this WOE we got on a cleaning kick. It is almost a cleansing feeling to have a tidy home. Definitely have more energy on this plan too!

Hope everybody has a good one! Chat soon. Hope you guys have nice Father's day weekends with your families if you all are celebrating. :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Kate- that's awesome! And yes it is a mind game! Planning on doing the same in my apartment in July as I am moving next year and want to go through my binders, drawers and cupboards early.

Mama-the water was around 18C. Cold enough to not fall in :D . Normally I don't and if the water is cold I don't play games o my board thus minimizing the risk B)

My fasts didn't go very well. I am working on finding my mojo...did bike to work 3x but that doesn't quite make up for the rest.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    ^^^ Kate! I need that book!!! What is the name of it??!

It is called "Having a Martha Home the Mary Way" and is on Amazon. It is Christian based, and I don't agree with everything she says, but a lot of it hits home. On the cleaning parts, sometimes I don't have a particular area/item in my house, so I substitute for something I do. I have an older edition, so she may have changed it.
    @Meghan509 congrats on the loss!
    @flumi_f Sorry the fasts didn't go as planned. There's always tomorrow!
    Today's fast has been surprisingly easy, so I am looking forward to seeing if the scales move (might not because of hormones). Have a great weekend and happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Cool, thanks for the name of that book! I am going to look that up!
    Relaxing with some coffee now. Going to head out to the gym and then do some grocery shopping and errands.
    Have a good one. ☺
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh gosh.... I feel so large! I really over did Father's Day!!! I'm not even going to measure this week... I'm having tea right now and about to go work out with my weight machine, crossed fingers I can still do a weighted crunch with this bloated tummy!!! :s and I don't even have TOM to blame anymore!! My goal is to fast today and Wednesday... maybe even 3 times this week, (ya I feel that gross).
    So I'll have my cottage cheese an Roma tomato after my work out then lemon water to kick me into gear! I'll report back later!! I have a dentist appoint today too so that'll keep me away from the kitchen!!

Also, I downloaded that book on "audible" free trial! Going to have a listen while I'm working out! Hard to feel inspired when all I want is a nap! But off I go............