Keto diet after the Sleeve?

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Has anyone stuck to a ketogenic diet after having the sleeve? not white recovering, but once you are allowed solid foods again?
I am keto now and would like to continue it once I am healed from surgery, I am reading articles online about what to eat, and not eat after being sleeved, and a lot of keto foods are on the DO NOT eat list. I assume the "after sleeve diet" is geared towards a low fat diet, low carb - so there may not be a lot of research done around WLS and keto?
Thoughts?

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Eat what foods work for YOU. Keto seems to be the latest trend. But ask yourself, can I see myself sticking to this for many years? Maybe just create your own version of keto. You might not get into true ketosis but you don't need to be to get healthy. I'm 27 months post op and don't have any "off limits" foods. I just try to stay away from processed stuff and don't eat out a lot. It's worked for me. :)
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had the VSG (and SADI as a one step) and will likely follow a modified ketogenic diet once I'm on full foods. I'm only 8 days out right now.
  • cepiotrowski3
    cepiotrowski3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months post sleeve and 90% of the time I eat keto. Habits are hard to get rid of unfortunately with the other 10% lol
    I always avoid any rice , any pasta , any breads and never add sugar to anything.
    I don't drink cool drink even though it may be sugar free ..