June 18 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    nxz6jdv5pc8x.gif
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's day to all our dad's!!

I guess I will be taking a nap later dog decided we were going to make sure I was awake. Lots to do so I guess I will get moving and rest later.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Father's day in NZ is not until September but happy father's day to all those dads who are celebrating today.

Exercise: No formal exercise this morning as we had planned to take some trees down this afternoon and I was saving my energy however we changed our minds and ended up doing some heavy pruning and pulling out excess plants instead. Not quite as intense but still a pretty good workout. I logged 2 hours of gardening but it must have been closer to 3, didn't time it though. Did about 15 minutes of strength this evening although upper body was a bit tired from all the gardening. Thanks to @craigo3154 for his advice on which bodyweight strength moves to try.
    Tracking and calories both ok.

So our friends came and collected their dog this afternoon but we are only dogless for a day as tomorrow evening we acquire a Chihuahua that belongs to my daughter's friend. They are moving house and have had to move into a flat temporarily where dogs aren't allowed so we have this one for 2-3 weeks until they can get into their new place.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 18
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 45 minutes (Hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Was daughters day here. Daughters 14th birthday. Sister and nephew around for lunch. Good day (daughter enjoyed it). Hard to keep in budget (as daughters choice for lunch was "party food" + cake), but managed it through smaller portions (only just - also did not go into exercise calories).

Washed car, cleaned kitchen and did walk before family arrived for lunch.

@Slimpossible007. Hope the purse turned up.

@pribud. Well done for tracking over surgery days. Best wishes for full recovery soon. I'd say surgery recovery as about 8 hours of exercise (so count 16th and 17th are requirements fulfilled).

Question for the group. If you know in advance that a day will be a celebration day, should you adjust the calorie target for that day (in advance - reasonable, like <500 cal above maintenance) and still count as a win if you meet the pre-set revised target for that day? (Fail, if you don't make revised target, fail to track or <20 mins exercise). I know most would just take it as a pass day, but looking for semantics.

{These are occasional, not 30 celebration days per month}

The idea is to set a maintenance precedent and a mindset that joining in celebrations is OK (as long as you prepare and don't go overboard).

Thinking forward to Christmas/New Year season.

(Problems with an INTJ mindset is that I am very competitive against myself and seldom cut myself much slack or allow excuses. Easy to mentally spiral into a hole that is hard to escape from.).

btw. Todays success was within normal daily calories (not a any revised limit :) ).
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    TY @craigo3154 .. unfortunately not yet, I'm moving into day 2 of search the entire house ugg!

I tend to take each day as it comes, if its a celebration day I eat smaller for the rest of the day to allow the celebratery goodies .. but if I do go over or lose track (because I'm not sure about the size slice I was given) I don't worry about it, I just enjoy and start again the next day.

A big happy fathers day to all the dads of the group, I hope you all have a wonderful day and get much love from your babies (whatever age they are)
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to all you dad's, whether by blood or heart.

@craigo3154 interesting question. For me, I try to keep in my normal range by eating smaller portions of whatever it is I want and modifying how I eat my other meals. However, if it was something super special that isn't my normal standard of food, I would give myself the overage for the day, exercise a little more and move on to tomorrow. For me, adjusting my calories for the day seems like lying to myself just to stay in range and I can't play those games with myself. I've done that too many times. Great job on staying on track!

@pribud so glad your surgery went well and you sound determined. May I ask what you had done?

@Slimpossible007 when life hands you lemons right? Hoping your purse turns up.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Someone once said they used the checkbook system . They only use it for a 1 week period and they bank spare calories for a party so it's a win win. I f you exercise and bank 100 calories a day you could have 600 calories extra for a party. If I am going to do something I know might put me over I bank exercise ;)
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 when I went on my little holiday what I did was change my desired weight loss for the few days to maintain. I also ate some of my exercise calories and I had a very successful holiday and I did maintain. Not sure if that was the proper thing t0 do either but I have also heard like @2020pinktogo about banking calories. Just not sure how it works. @RangerRickL how would you do it............very good question @craigo3154 :)

@debodom1962 I had a spinal surgery, they went in and cleaned up my spine and decompressed the discs. Good news is I no longer have any pain in my buttochs or legs but my back is very sore..lol :) Eventually this pain will go away :p and hopefully I will be pain free for the first time in 3 years.

@everyone thnak you for all your positive encouragement. It means a lot to me! :)<3
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am starting to get hungry. Today is a zero calorie day. I don't get to eat until like 10am tomorrow. So here I am planning what I am going to eat. I am thinking Cinnabon. I haven't had one of those in a few years.

Wednesday I am going to do a 20 mile excursion. I am going to go to my favorite place, Colorado Trail. This is the road less traveled. Middle of the week I might have this place to myself. Not that much of climbing but the lowest elevation here is 10,200. Probably won't go higher than 11,200. My definition of fun anyway.

bl1skcyozn4s.jpg
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    My parents decided to come over and help me finish up my garden. :/ I really appreciate the help. The problem is they forget I am photosensitive. They showed up and we were in the sun 10- 1 even in protective clothing my skin is red. My dad goes I don't know where you got that from. Finally I had to say ok we need to stop . I usually work outside early or late not in the heat of the day. I actually have blisters on the bottom of my feet. Which has never happened before. I am kind of stunned. I am hoping everything disappears by tomorrow or its going to make for a very long day.

@pribud So glad to hear your surgery went well. Wow to think pain free there will be no stopping you.

@Slimpossible007 by any chance is your phone in it and you can call it or if it's an apple phone GPS it?
    Lol My phone is so old not only is it a flip phone but it has no GPS capabilities. My phone according to the young kids is a phone that any drug Lord would love as to the no tracking feature. I always figured my old phone was safe nobody would want it only to find out . It's a hot item :D
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Quick check in...yes x 3. Loads of exercise...about three hours in the forest. B)
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo that's new fangled technology .it confuses me . I have a brick (granted its not a flip brick) :D lol .. unfortunately there are only cards and money in my purse ..

That's day 2 search done ... all the hallway cupboards searched (emptied everything out and put it all back again) my bedroom searched every pocket every drawer, bathroom cupboard emptied out and all the tubs searched through .. all put back neater ... but still no purse .. ugg!

my daughters room has to be searched next (shes in Paris for 5 days)

The question is ..... is there any rules against searching your 16 YO daughters room when shes not there :smirk:

for today

I have tracked ...
    I am within cal budget
    I have exercised ... 35 min walk in our new found forest ... and of course I have been searching my house other than that ... not sat down all day again ...

weigh in day tomorrow .. I didn't lose a thing last week ... help!

• SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes had a 3mile walk today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Weekly Mile Goal - (30.69 / 25.00)

Happy Fathers Day
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day.

Exercise yes, mostly outdoor work
    Tracking, yes
    Calorie, yes but barely and I ate into a lot of my exercise calories with maybe 69 to spare.

Holidays like Mother's Day and Father's Day are hard for me. I haven't seen my bio parents in over 40 years (their choice) and watching everyone with their dads and moms always brings that emptiness to me. I have some of the greatest in-laws and to them, I'm their daughter, but I'd give anything to hug my dad and tell him I forgive him. So my eating choices reflected my emotions (more sweets). It didn't derail me and I'm not bingeing. So I'll move on and tighten back up tomorrow. ❤️
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    calories yes
    tracking yes
    exercise intermitten 1/2 hour walk around friends house. Probably a little longer as I did at 3 different times for a minimum of 10 minutes each.

Going to have an early night
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @craigo3154 You are the judge and jury of your own question. In the UAC, the participant sets their own limit. I keep mine static. That is my rule. If someone sets a floating calorie limit, isn't that a non-limit? There are many celebration days that I decide to take a Pass. That is a legitimate use of a pass day. Nonetheless, you decide what is best for Craig.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Exercise: My oldest child, son, Adam, came to the farm to ride horses with me. I usually ride alone...with my border collie running alongside. I am grateful he took the time from his father's day to be with me and the horses!
    Calories: under by a wide margin (counting exercise calories)
    Tracking: good
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Exercise : Yes 5 mile morning walk. Then evening in the park with my daughter. Great day !
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : Yes under by 350 calories
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes, stretching
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    The question is ..... is there any rules against searching your 16 YO daughters room when shes not there :smirk:

@Slimpossible007. Depends on your relationship with your daughter (and whether she is a cleanie, or like my daughter who's room is indistinguishable from an explosion).
    weigh in day tomorrow .. I didn't lose a thing last week ... help!

Don't panic about it. Seriously. Cortisol (stress hormone) makes you hang onto weight.

I weigh daily and if I compared this morning weight to same time last week, the result is 0.0kg change. However when I look at a moving weekly average, I am 0.7kg down from last weeks average.

If weighing weekly, you need to examine what you are doing only after 3 weeks if things don't move in the right direction. (If daily, then if the moving average stalls for over a 10 days).

Body measurements (waist, hips, chest, neck) are a far better indication or progress than weight. If doing regular activity, these may change (for the better) even if weight remains the same.

This is the a long game you are playing (marathon, not a sprint). Progress is over months, not days or weeks.