WINE

Options
mskeyaj
mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
Does anyone enjoy wine on Keto? If so what kind is recommended?

Replies

• 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dry wine, usual reds, although some whites are dry.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for over 2 years have had wine about once a week from the start. Always stick with dry reds or dry whites are mostly ok too as far as I know, but I always drink red.
    You will really want to make sure to get a good dose of sodium (maybe 1000mg) and a glass of water before bed if you drink more than a single glass. Trust me. You'll be awefuly dehydrated the next day if you don't and feel like crap! This is true with any alcohol consumption. You also tend to get drunk much easier on low carb. Be aware of that and pace yourself.

You can feel like crap the next day a lot easier! I still enjoy red wines. Sometimes I mix it up with diet sprite for a simple sangria! Just keep an eye on carbs....as always. :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For whites, I like chardonnay or pinot grigio...for reds, merlot mostly for cooking but someone has to drink the leftovers, and pinot noir for drinking.

In the summer I sometimes get tired of drinking plain water so will add about 1-2 oz of white wine to 14-15 oz of water for a bit of flavor.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Ditto what has already been said. I will add that DRY champagne style whites have the least carbs.
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/alcohol
    This site has a number of graphics on a variety of foods/drinks that are good references.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

A dry chardonnay
    a sauvignon blanc
    brut champagne or prosecco....