What do you meal prep?

Options
chicbuc1
chicbuc1 Posts: 11 Member
My husband and I have been just taking salads for weeks.... But something different would be nice. What do you make for lunches?

Replies

• My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    nothing interesting here I just make more for dinner then we will eat. I freeze them for lunches for my husband.
    I have 80lbs of chicken breasts coming from Zaycon on Tuesday so I may change how we do things after that.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Anything you'd put on a sandwich-in a lettuce wrap or 2. I prefer bibb or butter lettuce for wraps.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    chicbuc1 wrote: »
    My husband and I have been just taking salads for weeks.... But something different would be nice. What do you make for lunches?

Whatever you'd have for a family meal, without the carbs! I make stews, casseroles, curries and fricassees with cheese and cream and butter... I use spices like they're going out of fashion, particularly turmeric and paprika... I cook a pork cutlet then cut it into strips and make sure it's coated in its own fat, and roll the strips in SLAP, I take cold roast chicken, prawns in paleo mayo (home made, naturally - my last batch is so good, I have to stop myself just eating huge spoonfuls of it.... No, I don't know why, either!) Cottage cheese with chopped olives, soaked blanched almonds and olive oil and salt (you have to try that, it's delicious!) mozzarella balls with prosciutto, cold sausages wrapped in bacon (They're called 'Pigs in Blankets') smoked salmon and hard-boiled eggs, herring fillets in mayo...Japanese rolled omelette (Tamagoyaki), lamb cutlets with a kimchi side...

Hope that helps....!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Most Sunday I throw some good meat in the crockpot with some seasoning and water or broth and then divvy it into 5 lunches when it's done. One of my favorite "seasonings" to add to a roast is BACON.
  • chicbuc1
    chicbuc1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    chicbuc1 wrote: »

Whatever you'd have for a family meal, without the carbs! I make stews, casseroles, curries and fricassees with cheese and cream and butter... I use spices like they're going out of fashion, particularly turmeric and paprika... I cook a pork cutlet then cut it into strips and make sure it's coated in its own fat, and roll the strips in SLAP, I take cold roast chicken, prawns in paleo mayo (home made, naturally - my last batch is so good, I have to stop myself just eating huge spoonfuls of it.... No, I don't know why, either!) Cottage cheese with chopped olives, soaked blanched almonds and olive oil and salt (you have to try that, it's delicious!) mozzarella balls with prosciutto, cold sausages wrapped in bacon (They're called 'Pigs in Blankets') smoked salmon and hard-boiled eggs, herring fillets in mayo...Japanese rolled omelette (Tamagoyaki), lamb cutlets with a kimchi side...

Hope that helps....!

Awesome ideas! Thank you!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ...Tuna with home made paleo mayo and capers, a cherry tomato and feta cheese salad (just salt the tomatoes, and add a tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil - leave for 10 minutes and hey presto - tomatoes make their own dressing!) 10 cherry tomatoes have 4.66g carbs. But they're full of phytonutrients.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I usually make enough dinner to have leftovers for lunch. Often I mix and match the protein with different vegetables to create variety.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My lunches during the week are nearly identical, boring but easy to pack: 1 ounce sliced salami, 2 servings pork rinds by weight, sugar-free gelatin, 1/4 protein bar (brand of the protein bar varies), either a couple of spicy turkey sticks or plain beef sticks, and occasionally 1/2 - 1 cup of diet cranberry juice or diet cran-flavored juice. But you could do hard-boiled eggs, cheese sticks, individual packets of nuts, baked cheese, lunch meats, etc.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Now that I've cleaned up my diet for my figure competition in October, all I do is meal prep.
    I cook 5 pounds worth of chicken/salmon in one go. I have brussel sprouts, broccoli, green beans, and asparagus all on hand. Lunch = protein, veggies, tablespoon of fat (olive oil, avocado oil, butter). I have the glass Tupperware so I can throw my raw veggies in there and it steams in the microwave. When I'm out of chicken or salmon, and too tired to run to the store, I have canned tuna and hand and make tuna salad for lunch.
    Just fyi: I've never ate so many veggies in my life. Honestly, I only eat it for volume since I'm eating at a deficit. If I weren't eating at a deficit, I'd lose the veggies...since vegetables make me bloated :(
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Now that I've cleaned up my diet for my figure competition in October, all I do is meal prep.
    I cook 5 pounds worth of chicken/salmon in one go. I have brussel sprouts, broccoli, green beans, and asparagus all on hand. Lunch = protein, veggies, tablespoon of fat (olive oil, avocado oil, butter). I have the glass Tupperware so I can throw my raw veggies in there and it steams in the microwave. When I'm out of chicken or salmon, and too tired to run to the store, I have canned tuna and hand and make tuna salad for lunch.
    Just fyi: I've never ate so many veggies in my life. Honestly, I only eat it for volume since I'm eating at a deficit. If I weren't eating at a deficit, I'd lose the veggies...since vegetables make me bloated :(

If vegetables don't agree with your body, there is absolutely nothing wrong with not eating them. I like some vegetables too much to give them up entirely myself though. In fact, there are some strictly zero-carb carnivore members in this group who do very well with no vegetables.

• LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @ladipoet I wish I can just not eat veggies but they're low carb and low cal and very, very filling. 1500 calories of veggies, proteins and fats are much more satiating than 1500 calories of protein and fats. I can easily put away 3000 calories on a no veggie diet :disappointed:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    My lunches for work (I work 3 12s) usually consist of either leftovers or fairly frequently something like tonight: approx 4 oz deli roast beef in three rolls, with about 1.5oz havarti cheese and dijon mustard rolled up in them. Liberally salted and peppered. A couple hard boiled eggs, ditto on the s&p, maybe a couple dill pickle spears.