June 19 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    uzao562piz17.png

Sport activities burn calories, but for most non-professional sport activities are not designed to make you fit.
    For those who have been with me in the UAC for awhile, like many of you, during the winter months (6 months of the year), I work out inside on my cardio and strength fitness. During the other 6 months, I enjoy working on our farm and riding horses. My horses become more fit, I become less fit.
    My horses are my sport. For most people, sport is fun and does burn calories. If you want to get fit, you need to focus on cardio and strength training.
    @bocasdelbobdog is an example of an exception in that he spends enormous amounts to riding his bicycle up rough mountain trails. His sport is also his fitness program. Many swimmers are the same.
    For me, that is not the case.
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 19
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7.75km in 72 minutes (Hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Many years ago I used to ice figure skate competitively (amateur). Very anaerobic activity. Had to do a lot of fitness work to support the sport (mountain biking was one of the support activities). The sport itself did not make you fit. This emphasises Rick's post.

Same weight this morning as I was a week ago. Still seem to be losing size so not overly concerned.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Still red this morning but the blisters are gone the feet just feel kind of funny. I wore Sun screen a uv tank top and then a long sleeved uv shirt where I am red is the outline of my tank top. I am guessing my long sleeved shirt is no longer uv protected. My dad popped in on his way to golf to check on me. LOL He goes it looks like you only had on a tank top. Then he laughs and says imagine what you would look like if you did. Thanks dad!!

Trying to decide what to wear today I want comfy shoes

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @pribud hope your recovery continues as it's started, sounds like you're doing really well.
    @Slimpossible007 my daughters are 17 and 15, I hate having to look for stuff in their rooms but I do from time to time. My eldest is fairly tidy so it's usually not too hard and I try to not look at anything else. For a thorough search like you need to do can you contact her to tell her?
    @2020pinktogo hope the sunburn clears up quickly
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Back to biking to work today :) missed it when I was resting last week. Had a tailwind in the morning so made for a nice easy ride and the wind had dropped by home time so alright then too. Went out for a 40 minute walk at lunchtime to see some daylight and did my short strength routine this evening.
    Tracking was good and calories under although not by much considering the amount of exercise calories I had. Seem to be more hungry generally this month than I have been yet I've increased my protein and reduced my carbs slightly so in theory it should be the opposite.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers I think I'll start with the boys rooms as they are both here .. I'll put the decision off for the moment. terrible that I feel like I can't ,, funny thing is I don't think she would mind .. but it feels odd as she is an adult now :neutral:
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes,yes. Back to the bike, albeit at a slower pace.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep..45 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, a lot of 20 minutes. Grass cutting, 3 hours of housecleaning, cardio and leg work.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. I'm trying to get back to the lower end of my calorie range too. I've let a little too many sweets and carbs take over my diary even staying in range.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    I've been focusing on research for to increase my knowledge regarding retirement income planning. I am a tax and estate planning attorney. Since we have the privilege of having a longer life expectancy than an prior generations of human beings, there is a substantial increase in retirement research focused on financial strategies for retirees.
    I am a research addict!
    Today's UAC report:
    Calories: under by 430
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: lazy day walking at 3 mph
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I was involved in soccer, softball, and volleyball throughout school, and I am far more fit now than I was then. Today, I still play games, but I also focus on cardio and strength training outside of recreational sports. I definitely agree with your post @RangerRickL.

@Slimpossible007 I hope you feel better soon! Your hips support most of your weight, so please take it easy if you need to. I work on an orthopedic floor at a hospital and see many major joint injuries. They put a lot of stress on the body.

Exercise? Yes; a 32 minute walk, a 20 minute run, and an hour of strength training
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • lightningbolt9
    lightningbolt9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Quick drop-in:
    6/18- Pass Day #3... yikes!
    6/19- Yes, yes, and yes
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fair warning : Long post :wink:

Mixed day today.

The good part :
    Weighed in and have lost 3.8 pounds from my last weigh in ( last before Monday) along with 1% loss in body fat and .5 inches off my waist and hips. With this I am past my weight loss goal for the month !!!
    I joined UAC at 175.6 lbs and my target was 170 and today I am at 169 !

The bad part
    Yesterday was a very hot day here (Austin,Texas), heat index was 107. I walked 5 miles in the morning and about a mile in the evening but I think I did't drink enough water (Mistake 1). I was exhausted and couldn't get up in the morning for my walk and when I did I was really tired. I was craving for rice and something spicy and ate what I wanted (Mistake 2). I did take my daughter out to the pool and also played with her a bit. But in the end when I logged my dinner I was short by 29 calories(Goal 1200). I had 4k steps on fit bit and it was not enough.

The "ok" part
    It was a bit late to go out for a walk, so I walked in my balcony till fit bit showed me 10k steps. Its funny when I think of it now. It is not a big balcony and I could only walk 8 steps in a stretch, but I think I might be having a bit of a mood swing, so that helped in a weird way, I walked for more than an hour. Anyway, husband thinks this "walking" doesn't count but I am counting it anyway. Big NSV for me.

So yes,yes and yes to all 3 questions.

@2020pinktogo : I hope your blisters go away soon.
    Do I have 11 perfect days in me to get into the winners circle???
    Of course you will !

@everyone : It is so nice to see everyone doing so well. Thank you for helping reach my monthly goal, I have been trying for the last 8 months to get below 170, no way I would have done it without UAC. So a big Thank you !
    (Why don't we have a emoticon for hugs in here ?)
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband and I removed our sod in the front yard. Took us all day. Our lawn was getting full of quack grass. I guess 29 years is a pretty good length of time before having to replace it. Pooped but it was a great workout and being outside was awesome. Perfect weather for doing a job like this; 17 degrees Celsius, partly cloudy and a bit of wind.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. StepMill x 60 drippy hot minutes and 15 on stationary bike
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Continued to exercise indoors walking with my walker for support. Also trying short by myself or using wall. Also doing leg exercises to keep the circulation going in there.

Exercise yes(as above)
    calories yes
    tracking yes

To date I have been successful in staying within my alotted calories. That is good for me as I am not caving to the part of me that wants treats..lol. Our friends we are staying with are very supportive as well. Tomorrow is Rose's birthday and I AM going to have a piece of cake with them. I CAN DO THIS! Tomorrow if it is nice out I am going to venture outside walking up and won the driveway instead of around the house :)
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    June 17
    Exercised?: yes...insanity max 30
    Tracked?: Yes

June 18
    Exercised?: yes...walk.

June 19
    Exercised?: yes...Warrior yoga

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Exercise Yes, 2 miles running and 3 walking with a friend who is recovering from a stress fracture of her femur.
    Calories, Yes
    Tracked, Yes