Hello, peeps!

Options
Alioth
Alioth Posts: 571 Member
Hello, I'm Lizz, and just joining the TTC bandwagon.

The hubs and I have been married a year on the 17th. I'm 34 and at my highest weight ever (172-176 lbs). I think being on birth control really messed up my weight. I've gained 30 lbs since I started dating my husband. (So did he, poor thing.) The last 15 lbs seem directly related to the BC. BC was just a physical and emotional roller coaster, ugh. I'm not sure how long it'll take to wear off. I stopped taking it about a month ago, and I feel a lot better. I'm also spiking my drinks with Vitex to help those symptoms. If any of you guys have ever used it, I'd be interesting to hear your experiences.

Anyway, I've gone a LITTLE nuts researching on the web, calling up birth centers, and buying handfuls of pregnancy tests and ovulation tests from Dollar Tree. My poor hubs has had to listen to me chatter on about this stuff nonstop. So I'm happy to find a group of like-minded women who share my new obsession. :D

I work a lot on my feet, so finding time for the gym and being motivated to go when I ache from head to toe is really hard. But I do have a membership at a Planet Fitness. In the past, being in a MFP group has really encouraged me to go. I also haven't tracked my food intake for years. I tend to fall asleep at night with my computer when I try. Lol. But I am going to try it again.

Replies

• marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lizz! This is a nice place to chat with like-minded ladies, especially when our partners are maybe a little less obsessed. I think starting to workout and eat healthy helped us conceive much faster this time. It took us over a year the first time, several months the second time, and only one month this time! (I'm still shocked and still absorbing this fact). Good luck finding the energy and motivation to track food and workout! You are in the right place for support!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey Lizz! Thanks for joining us. I'm just starting TTC for the first time too and am fighting urges to go overboard on the research and obsessing. For now, I'm just using the calendar to track cycles and we will see where that gets us...I know I can go overboard at times, so trying to not be that way right off the bat, however, I'm very much aware of other tracking methods that we could use going forward if we don't have any luck this summer. My husband is more along the lines of just let me know what you want to do, or when you want to do it...lol

We haven't officially started trying yet, but might give it a shot this week, if not, for sure during our next cycle. Good luck!!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lizz, glad you found us!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Alioth Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)

I made a post somewhere about what it was like for me going off birth control and I can't remember where but one of the things I mentioned is I've noticed a significant decrease in my appetite (which is making it easier for me to stick to a deficit). I still have a few days here and there where I'm like a bottomless pit but I can chalk that up to hormones. I still feel like my body isn't quite where it was before birth control and I'm nearly at my 3 month mark of going off it. I can say though that I feel a 100 times better without it. I've never heard of Vitex so I have no experience with it. I did a little searching on it as I was curious and apparently it can affect hormones and affect the menstrual cycle. A lot of the possible side effects with it seem to be similar to those of birth control so I'll be staying clear of that personally. I think I should note (though you probably already know) that it is listed as possibly unsafe where pregnancy and breast feeding are concerned so just something to keep in mind for the future.

I hope you find this group helpful in meeting your goals and again we're glad to have you! =)
  • Alioth
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thanks for the warm welcome!

@marianlyn Wow. That's really great that youv'e been so successful. Congrats!

@SheilAnneSmith Good luck this summer. It's nice that your hubs is easy going like that, too. Mine has baby fever.

@WifiresGettingFit Yeah, I've noticed that too, about the hunger. I'm glad you're feeling better. I feel a lot saner than I did the past year or so too.
    Vitex: so far, I noticed the breast tenderness caused by BC went away about two days after I started taking it. And some studies have backed that up. Whether it does much of anything else is still inconclusive. There's a lot of anecdotal uses, but not much research on what exactly Vitex does or why. After this bottle runs out, I might not refill it. I was mostly looking for BC symptom relief. :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth I'm glad you're feeling better as well!
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm also TTC. I have 120lb to lose to be the suggested BMI of 24. I have PCOS, insulin resistance, and hypothyroidism. The odds are against me, but I'm not giving up.
    I'm on MFP nearly every day, and always looking for like-minded friends.

Looking forward to seeing you all around MFP. :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @Domomallow ! What is your method of weightloss? CICO? Low carb? Exercising?
    We have a great spreadsheet here to keep track of your activities, calories and overall thoughts (even though I never use it, heh.) How long have you been TTC?

I am sorry to hear about your conditions, but you are among friends, and I hope this happens for you quickly!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Domomallow Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)
  • Alioth
    Options
    @Domomallow Hi, and welcome! This group is super supportive. I think you'll like it.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Domomallow welcome!!! Hope to see you around the group!