Panic Attack

Options
itladyee
itladyee Posts: 4,303 Member
Today starts Day 5 of Low Carb (Keto) and I'm feeling great.

Down 4.9 lbs and feeling that this way of eating for life is sustainable. I understand it's mostly water now, but just seeing movement is encouraging!

Then I looked at my calendar and realized I had a "going away" lunch planned for our President who is leaving. I could not graciously decline, and being unsure of what there might be to eat, my mind went into a tailspin.

Five days in, I didn't want to screw up now, nor did I want to sit there and eat nothing, drawing attention to myself. I figured I'd just try to make the best and hope there were salad fixings even though I'm not a big salad eater. Usually, when we have a group luncheon like this, there are lots of sandwiches and wraps, etc. Not Keto friendly!

To my surprise, they had a taco bar. I assessed and realized I could make a taco salad (lettuce, beef, and cheese) and call it a day. I did, was happy and all worked out for the best.

I had no problem skipping the taco shells. The cookies for dessert were a smidge tempting, but as full as I feel with this plan, it was easy to walk away.

NSV

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Great job exercising that resistance muscle!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. Very encouraging :)
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great job.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If you do have a sandwich situation, just eat the guts. :)

Congrats on making it through!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great choice! As you get more and more comfortable and confident with low carbing you will find these events easier and easier.
    I've been to some that only had sandwiches and I just push the bread aside on my plate and roll the meat and cheese up and honestly, nobody has ever said a word. There's even been pizza and I just use a fork to eat the toppings off.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!