Keto microwave bread

Options

This is the only bread I make when craving bread! Great recipe for lazy ketoers like me lol

https://youtu.be/fCBUWyFrLBw

Replies

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Saw this online the other day and decided to go to the kitchen to try it out. It was olive bread made in a mug in the microwave. I tipped it out and let it cool down, sliced it up, toasted the slices in a skillet for a bit, then topped it with feta crumbles and ate it right out of hand while standing at the stove. Recipe from here: https://goo.gl/T9BTKy
    20170529_145813.jpg

• Joel_518
    Joel_518 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    ate it right out of hand while standing at the stove.

@bjwoodzy
    Hahaha...I would too. Looks good!!
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First I thought those were chocolate chips!! Oh yum!
    I love olives will definitely try that!
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    @babysteps2skinny they kinda do lol! Hope you try it. That website also has a lot of 1-serving recipe ideas, which some people prefer, but I am a person who buys whole food and cooks in batches to save time and effort so it's not for me most of the time.

@LegosRule LOL thanks
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @bjwoodzy, I have sooo bookmarked that recipe site! Am gonna try that bread asap!!
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    Yours may come out more chewy and grainy, I screwed up and misread the amount of coconut flour (can't remember what I put in, but it was more than 1/2 tablespoon, I think what I put in was more like 1 AND a 1/2, oops). So mine came out more rubbery, and took forever to cool to a less-jiggly state. I couldn't figure out how she got hers to be so chewy/crispy and the excess coconut flour probably contributed to the rubbery-ness.
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    @bjwoodzy I haven't figured out coconut flour yet. I always end up to either too less or too much. I made a mug cake with it once...it was horrible!! Felt like I was eating tablespoons of coconut instead of the brownie I was trying to create. Haha.
    My main meals are mostly batches but things like bread, I do single servings since hubby has regular food. For plain bread the one above is one that came out best for me. Didn't have much Ingredients either. I'll try the olive one once I buy some of the ingredients. Just finished my olives in my omlet for breakfast. :)
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @bjwoodzy I haven't figured out coconut flour yet. I always end up to either too less or too much. I made a mug cake with it once...it was horrible!! Felt like I was eating tablespoons of coconut instead of the brownie I was trying to create.

I've had mixed results with coconut flour. Be aware that coconut flour and almond flour are NOT interchangeable. Coconut flour slurps up liquids like a thirsty camel so any recipe calling for it will usually have about twice as many eggs as a similar one using almond flour. So even the recipes I've tried that specifically named coconut flour seemed to me more omelette than bread.
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    @mandycat223 I made that mistake the first time I used coconut flour. Since then I have only used it to coat some chicken strips...lol
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your recipe. I tried it, but it was a little too eggy for me. I searched for Keto bread recipes that don't taste eggy, and found recipes that use only egg whites or no egg at all. I will try this next. I am jonesing for a buttered piece of bread! :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your recipe. I tried it, but it was a little too eggy for me. I searched for Keto bread recipes that don't taste eggy, and found recipes that use only egg whites or no egg at all. I will try this next. I am jonesing for a buttered piece of bread! :)

@EggToni If you find a good one please share....
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    @EggToni hmmmm maybe Everytime I've had this I had it with something (my spicy chicken or some nice hard cheese oh yum!) and not just butter so I didn't get the eggy taste. If you do find a recipe that works and doesn't need eggs please share it with us. I know we can have eggs on keto but it weirds me out sometimes if I'm having an egg with toast made with an egg lol

If I find a recipe I'll share it with you too :)
  • EggToni
    Options
    I tried this recipe tonight and am pleased. Does not taste eggy in my opinion. I did not have flaxmeal so I subbed it with more almond flour. It also does not rise as high as the whole egg recipes. I will be making it again. :)

https://www.lowcarb-ology.com/low-carb-sandwich-bread-quick-and-easy/
  • miltbrophy2463
    miltbrophy2463 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I make a burger bun maybe twice a month and that's it. No pancakes or other bread substitutes needed for me. Trust me when I tell you that 16 months ago I could devour a 3/4 loaf of fresh french bread in a blink. ✌️

• babysteps2skinny
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »
    I tried this recipe tonight and am pleased. Does not taste eggy in my opinion. I did not have flaxmeal so I subbed it with more almond flour. It also does not rise as high as the whole egg recipes. I will be making it again. :)

https://www.lowcarb-ology.com/low-carb-sandwich-bread-quick-and-easy/

Will definitely try that soon. I think I recently picked up some flaxmeal. Thanks for sharing :)
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    I make a burger bun maybe twice a month and that's it. No pancakes or other bread substitutes needed for me. Trust me when I tell you that 16 months ago I could devour a 3/4 loaf of fresh french bread in a blink. ✌️

I don't have bread that often either but maybe more out of laziness. Lol I see all the cloud bread and bun recipes but have been too lazy to make them. I used to have four or five slices without even knowing it. Arrrggghhh!!!
  • EggToni
    Options

I totally concur, as I am a bread addict.