Options
colemanmelissa
colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
Looking for new ways to enjoy veggie

Replies

• AlexAlex95
    AlexAlex95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, broccoli soup. I boil my potatoes and broccoli, then smash or blend them. With some fresh dill is so yummy! Try it out :)
  • colemanmelissa
    Options
    I will, thank you great idea I'll let u know how it works out!
  • colemanmelissa
    Options
    AlexAlex95 wrote: »
    Well, broccoli soup. I boil my potatoes and broccoli, then smash or blend them. With some fresh dill is so yummy! Try it out :)
    Well I tried out the recipe-easy delicious and super healthy ! We loved it thank you
  • orangespd
    orangespd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! If you like leafy greens, I have a wonderful Kale salad recipe that I make pretty regularly.

It calls for 1.5lbs of Kale. First massage it with 3 TBSP lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp brown miso, and 1-3 Tbsp olive oil (depending on how low-calorie you want to make it.) Pour on the dressing and top with 1/4 cup pistachios!
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash (add onion if you like). Chop all into 1-inch pieces. Line baking pan with foil. Toss veggies in large bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Spread veggie mixture evenly over tin foil lined pan. Roast at 425 for 30 minutes, toss halfway through.

This recipe is closest I could find to the one I use.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Carrot dogs
    Boil large carrots for about 15mins or until you can stick a fork in, but it still has a snap. Then marinate in your favorite marinade for 24-48 hours and cook in the oven, in a pan, or on the grill. I used 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, about 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, garlic, my BBQ rub and onion powder, then grilled them and dressed them just like any other hot dog. My wife who does not like cooked carrots, liked them enough to have them the next day too. (yeah, win!)

9hlgxti2ua3e.jpg