Looking for low carb options for breakfast for someone on the go...

Options
photogirl38
photogirl38 Posts: 3 Member
Hi I am new to myfitnesspal. I keep a busy schedule and struggle finding something low carb for breakfast during the week...any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I make this Paleo "bread" and slice it into 10 pieces. Slather it with Kerrygold butter & it holds me a long time.

https://elanaspantry.com/paleo-bread/
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Here's the nutrition on a slice of that bread above if you make it as 10 servings:
    gw8v0ian5wco.png
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater but I find boiled egg and avocados are very quick/easy foods.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is coffee with whipped cream or coconut cream, with a whey protein powder. I make it in a travel mug I can shake and it is ready to go. If I am out until after lunch, I make myself two.
  • photogirl38
    photogirl38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for these suggestions.
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I do a protein shake or yogurt, I just do low carb ( which for me naturally ends up as high fat) so I'm not sure if it's ok for keto , but Kroger's has a Carb Master yogurt that's pretty good, I do miss greek yogurt though! You can also premix a mug cake and just beat the egg into in the morning if you want something heavy.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    i've made some breakfast casseroles from ruled.me. cut into squares and grab and go...works for me...on the weekend I splurge and actually scramble some eggs! :smiley:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    A block of cheese makes a meal or a few snacks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Greek yogurt with some almond butter stirred in is tasty, although not the lowest carb option. You can make ahead egg muffins (see, e.g., http://www.spendwithpennies.com/make-ahead-egg-muffins/). I usually make an omelet in the morning (it's fast, I don't like eating on the run), but if I had to regularly eat on the run I think the egg muffin would be something I'd try as an alternative.

Smoked salmon (the chunky kind) with some avocado is something I've done and enjoyed.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    i've made some breakfast casseroles from ruled.me. cut into squares and grab and go...works for me...on the weekend I splurge and actually scramble some eggs! :smiley:

I second this suggestion. I make an egg bake on Sunday mornings, eat a portion for breakfast and then take the rest with me to work for the week. I find them easy to vary with different veggie & meat combinations. My favorite is spinach, kale, feta, and sausage :)