How long before you saw weight loss?

Options
CassieH818
CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
Hi All!
I just started doing a lazy keto diet this week. I have kept my carbs under 50 all week, some days under 20. I have lost only 1.2 lbs. Did it take some time to see a significant weight loss every week?

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    In my experience (3 year with this WOE). It all depends on how much you have to lose, what your diet was like pre low carb/keto, and what else is going on (other illness, disease, etc in your body). I rarely ever have the big 'woosh" people rave about my body prefers to loose little chunks of weight slowly and consistently and over time. Though, my inches do change fairly dramatically the scale doesn't really move in any grand fashion.

The folks I've personally known who have had dramatic weight loss 5+lbs a week, had a rather high carb diet prior to starting this WOE and had more than 50lbs to lose.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    In my experience (3 year with this WOE). It all depends on how much you have to lose, what your diet was like pre low carb/keto, and what else is going on (other illness, disease, etc in your body). I rarely ever have the big 'woosh" people rave about my body prefers to loose little chunks of weight slowly and consistently and over time. Though, my inches do change fairly dramatically the scale doesn't really move in any grand fashion.

The folks I've personally known who have had dramatic weight loss 5+lbs a week, had a rather high carb diet prior to starting this WOE and had more than 50lbs to lose.

Thanks! I have already lost 50 lbs without low carb and have another 15-20 to go so maybe that's why I am not seeing a big loss like I hear about! I think I set myself up for a big loss based on stories but I am happy with a loss big or small!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?
    Typically the most significant loss happens the first week because most of its water. Then things slow at down but those following weeks are the fat you really want to lose.
    Losing 1 lb a week might be a lot of your total goal is losing 10 pounds... if you have metabolic damage or if you managed to lose weight anyway while actually eating a fair amount of calories still....
    There's a lot of different perspectives to consider when trying to compare your weight loss to everyone else.
    It's not going to align like "calorie math" would have us expect.
    People lose anything from nothing to 10+ pounds the first week depending on at least 50 different reasons.

Overall, 1.2 pounds a week is great weight loss don't miss the forest for the trees
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all of this.. I started low carb after memorial day weekend. I've lose 10 pounds so far. Now that I look at the calendar.. that's not bad at all.. yet to me it feels too slow! ridiculous.
    Just stick with it... we are all individuals... some need metabolism repair and things take longer...just trust the process.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    CassieH818 wrote: »
    Hi All!
    I just started doing a lazy keto diet this week. I have kept my carbs under 50 all week, some days under 20. I have lost only 1.2 lbs. Did it take some time to see a significant weight loss every week?

@CassieH818 in my case it was a FULL 6 WEEKS before I lost the first pound of weight but I was losing inches after the first few weeks.

Best of success.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Your body will drop more weight once its healed itself. You will likely never know the repair job that your body is undertaking but will reap the benefits!

I had a point in my weight loss where I didn't lose for about 8 weeks. Was tough to endure that plateau but I made it through and realized it was so worth it!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds with CICO from January to October of 2016. Then I switched to LCHF. I have been a lot happier with this WOE. I have lost another 44 pounds since October.

It has been just a little over a pound a week since I started the LCHF. I have a 500 cal a deficit in my goals, so I am anticipating more or less a pound a week. The reality is that sometimes it is up and sometimes it is down. Every now and then it flatlines. Who knows what the body is working out?
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    CassieH818 wrote: »
    Hi All!

I think you answered your own question: "lazy keto"...which suggests that you are not adapting your body to the full effects. So your body is retaing the water that is shed once you are low carb adapted. I saw results right away but I stuck to the plan without any deviation and did cardio at the same time (mainly treadmill) - once I started plateauing I readjusted my macros and saw progress again. There is an art and science to this.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, was 105lbs overweight (by my standards, my goal is 170lbs).
    I lost 14lbs in March when I started. 6lbs in April, 11lbs in May, and 9lbs so far this month.
  • hperkins17
    hperkins17 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and new to carb counting. What is CICO, WOE, and LCHF??
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    CICO=Calories In Calories Out (not a diet, just an energy equation)

WOE= Way of Eating

LCHF= low carbohydrates, high fat

• hperkins17
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    CICO=Calories In Calories Out (not a diet, just an energy equation)

WOE= Way of Eating

LCHF= low carbohydrates, high fat

Ohh k. Thank you!
  • ribbod
    ribbod Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Would anyone be willing to be my friend and share their diary with me? I am struggling with my LCHF plan and could use some support and ideas... Thank you, in advance
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. It's pretty repetitive, fair warning. And I had a week of eating crap, so ignore that. ;-) Back on track now.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i've been doing low carb for 4 weeks, and have averaged 2 lbs per week.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @hperkins17 there is a glossary in the stickies at the top of the forum. I had to learn a bunch of acronyms when actively participating in the forums as well. The glossary is super helpful....as are lots of other links and info found there.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    hperkins17 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and new to carb counting. What is CICO, WOE, and LCHF??

Here you go!
    And let's not forget @RalfLott 's SERs - Strategic Energy Reserves! @baconslave - can we add that to Acronyms - ?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    hperkins17 wrote: »

Here you go!
    And let's not forget @RalfLott 's SERs - Strategic Energy Reserves! @baconslave - can we add that to Acronyms - ?

Credit's due the e'er resourceful @2t9nty for that gem.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I'll accept any friend request! I've only gained on the scale this year, so be warned!
  • hperkins17
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @hperkins17 there is a glossary in the stickies at the top of the forum. I had to learn a bunch of acronyms when actively participating in the forums as well. The glossary is super helpful....as are lots of other links and info found there.

Thank you! I'll do that. :)