Need weight loss surgery friends!!

Options
misty83rn
misty83rn Posts: 80 Member
I had gastric bypass on May 15,2017. Im looking to add anyone who is or has also had weight loss surgery!! I am a mother of 4, happily married, RN at a max security prison.. looking to add like minded folks for support on this journey!!

Replies

• hollydfitch
    hollydfitch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had gastric sleeve surgery on 4/12/2017.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had bypass 4/18/16...mom to a 10 year old daughter and married 15 years.
  • Bec_Ker_up
    Bec_Ker_up Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had VSG 11/22/16 I'm still looking for friends of the same weight loss path. Add me if you want. :)
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had RnY on 5/16. Married for 10 years this year, have a 15 y/o son from a previous relationship, and my hubby brought my two bonus kids (22-son, 20-daughter) with him. 20 got married last summer, and is expecting a baby boy this August. :)
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I had rny bypass january 2014. Im a mum of 2 the youngest was born after bypass, hes now 18 months
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to support each other. :)

I just had the VSG + SADI (SIPS) on 6/6/17 - I'm an operations manager for a busy customer care center, and mom to a busier 4 year old
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 5/23. Anyone can add me if they'd like :)
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm almost 10 months out (8/23/16) of a VSG. My diary is open - but lately I've been on a crazy ride.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Mother to a 16 yo boy. Married for 8 years. VSG 10/5/16 HW 241, SW 217, GW 145, CW 147
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »
    I had RnY on 5/16. Married for 10 years this year, have a 15 y/o son from a previous relationship, and my hubby brought my two bonus kids (22-son, 20-daughter) with him. 20 got married last summer, and is expecting a baby boy this August. :)
    Feel free to add me! :)

Bonus kids. I love that phrasing.
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on June 13, 2016 you can add me if you would like
  • NicholeBryan
    NicholeBryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I add a few of you on here. I'm having surgery on Aug. 9th and it's been a long 6 month process after a year of research. I'm a mom to 5 beautiful girls. Currently I live in Florida but I'm from Northern California where we have mountains and rivers and beautiful nature
  • JoanKB54
    JoanKB54 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am having my surgery on July 17 after doing 12 monthly visits with my PCP among what seems like a thousand other things. I am a retired teacher. I only have 1 daughter. She has been a joy to me her whole life. She is getting ready to start her 4th year of medical school. If you can't tell, I am really proud of her. She is my major support person! We live in West Virginia. It is also known for its beautiful mountains, rivers, and lakes. Major tourism for white water rafting and snow skiing.
  • darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am happily married for 15 years. Father to a 2 year old ,hopefully having surgery in august/sept. Currently work in IT/IS. I live in the atlanta area
    Please free free to add me
  • mettaseigman83
    mettaseigman83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RNY on 6/12/17. Single mommy to an amazing 11yr old girl. Recently single due to wls but better things are in my future.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 2.5 years post-op. SW 233, CW 132, HT 5'4". I actually gained an inch after losing weight because I started standing up straighter. I've been at the 132 +/- for the past year. My dairy is open if you want to see what and how much I'm eating now and my exercise. I can tell you that every day isn't perfect but I'm not trying for perfect, just for each day to be better than my pre-surgery days so I can keep the weight off.
  • gemini73j
    gemini73j Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have sent some if not all of you friend requests as well. Anyone coming across this can add me too. I had my rny in 2009. I had a repair in May 2017. I am finally eating solids after a rough recovery, I was told it was going to be but didn't think it was going to be almost as rough as the first time around. I made some mistakes and ready to move on. I am here to learn what I can, make friends and offer support and or advice from my experiences. I am a single, sahm in Michigan. I suffer from chronic pain from fibromyalagia, mental health issues (mainly depression) and back pain. This can make life quite challenging enough. I have 3 teens, but only one lives home as of this spring. I have a 19 yo dtr, 18 yo son, and a 15 yo dtr. Hope you all the best.
  • pepsismum
    pepsismum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im just starting my vsg process in the uk so need all the support i can get its gonna be a long road add me
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had VSG on 3/4/14. I'm a Mom of 3 (my two daughters are 26 and 19 yrs old and my son is 17) and I've been married for 20 years. Currently living in Long Island, NY but heading to NC this summer (July) to start looking for our new home B)

Anyone can feel free to add me.