Like Minded Lushes - June 2017

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Did I say 0 for tonight.....hmmm, this day is kicking my *kitten*. Let's see if I make it!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Well after reading the Time article on dieting and weight loss I think I will be less concerned with logging everything and approach eating and exercise with the goal of doing both to feel better. Concentrate on what will make me feel better rather than what I can or can't eat.

It was a good article, nothing earth shattering revealed, but worth reading. Sometimes it is good to switch things up!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Gary I have not seen that article, but after logging for the past few months, I think I am done, at least for a while. I hate logging food. The chick that used to teach pilates/strength at my office said, "Food is for eating, not logging". I'll have to check that out.

I have done well this week!
    Mon - 0
    Tues - I had 3 beers at the game and one after. Get this! I quit drinking around 4 and had nothing else! Those 4 drinks were over like 4.5 hours too.
    Wed - another 0!

Tonight is the end of this week of swim for my daughter so we're going for pizza. I'll have a drink or 2.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The accountant/CPA in me wants to log everything :D But i certainly understand how it wouldn't work for everyone. I tend to be a grazer and it also keeps me in check with portion sizes which used to be a problem for me.

I had a 0 last night! We were all just too tired from the brewery bday celebrations to even bother with a drink. Probably wine tonight tho.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes!

I think I only check-in on here once a month or so, if I'm lucky! Work is crazy busy which is great because it makes the day go by way faster! Hubby and I went on vacation last week to the Big Island of Hawaii. What a fabulous time we had visiting my friend. We flew back to Kansas on Monday & I'm still pretty sad about it. However, the 2nd degree sunburn on my legs is finally healing since I'm not out in the sun everyday! I've been detoxing since Monday as well and feel less bloated. I only gained 4 lbs which is insane with all the food and booze I consumed....but I'm not complaining!!

Hope you're all doing well. Can't believe it's late June already! Where has this year gone?!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0 (even though I'd LOVE some wine!)
    Friday - Who am I kidding?! Won't be a 0!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hey- whatever works right?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HI BRIDGET!!!!! Where did you stay on Big Island? Kona or Hilo side??? Hope you got up to Volcano!!!!
    I cannot wait to go back. I really want to focus the next trip in Volcano and Hilo!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0...I did it!!!
    Thursday-shooting for another!

I am so off track this week. After 9 hours of sleep Tuesday and Wednesday I am still exhausted. I have no motivation and I'm just plain cranky....
    Looking forward to the weekend!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So tonight Doug and I are going to celebrate his early retirement. (read: Layoff). Steak and lobster on the grill and some nice wine and asparagus. I am glad he suggested it since he has been really struggling emotionally. Celebrating is better than mourning. Since I got the news that I won't be laid off I am hoping things can start to normalize now. its going to be a beautiful albeit hot weekend up here in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest. Have a great weekend lushes.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect plan, Robin. Enjoy.

Good to see you, Bridget! I love the Big Island. I think it'll be the one we go to next.
    Sticking close to home this weekend. Pool, grilling, a little exercise thrown in there too. Oh and wine :drinker:

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had a 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine last night. Not too bad. Going to try to keep it mellow this weekend.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Awesome Robin, enjoy!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 1/2 beer.....doesn't even count
    Not sure what I'll be drinking tonight. Want to take it easy so we can get up early and feel good on Saturday.
    Saturdays plan-yoga, live rock collection for Lenny's fish tank, shower, errands, movies
    Sunday-I would love to spend some time on the beach.

Happy Aloha Friday!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY! LETS FALL INTO THE DRINK!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    My friend lives in Hilo so that is where we were mostly the whole time. However, we really went all around the island! We did go to the volcano. It was awesome. We hiked down into the crater and walked through a lava tube. Another night we hiked up to watch the lava flow at sunset. It was pretty great. One night we also drove up to the top of Mauna Kea and watched the sunset. I loved that. We did zip lining and wine tasting. Went to the Southernmost Point and the Green Sands Beach. We also went and stayed the night in Kona and went to a luau which was really cool. It was a wonderful trip. We did A LOT!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Bridget that trip sounds awesome. I think Big Island is next on our list.

The weekend was hot. I stayed cool with iced beverages but I did okay. Doug had moments but we will survive. the steak and lobster were great. Now it is time to get thru the week.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Moderated well and managed to drop a pound. Going to try to step up my exercise and continue with my good eating in hopes of dropping another pound before we leave to LA for the weekend.
    Have a good week lushes!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    It was a pretty awesome trip! I'd like to go to Oahu or Maui next time we visit....which I have no idea when that would be. It's expensive to fly there for 2 people from Kansas!

Weekend was pretty chill. I had a migraine for 1/2 of it. That wasn't much fun. Tonight was supposed to be my first night back to the gym, but I've got unexpected errands I need to run, so that won't be happening! Just need to get through this week and then it is a 4 day weekend for me! YAY 4th of July!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey lushes. My week last week ended up pretty decent with drinks. Friday I think I had 4 total and went to bed at like 11. I LOVE not being hungover on Saturdays! However, my BIL and his girlfriend came over to get her sunglasses she left at Derby around 2:00ish. Naturally we had a beverage. They ended up going to dinner with us and we hot tubbed and drank a lot. We weren't up too later, but I was a little rough Sunday. And she forgot her sunglasses again! Sunday I had 1.5 ciders.

Mon - 0

My plan is for another 0 tonight.

Wednesday is an outdoor concert so there will be some drinks. Not sure about Thursday. We have nothing but a family party planned for Sunday.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great weekend, lots of drinks.
    Friday-4 1/2
    Saturday-9ish?
    Sunday-??????
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0...maybe.
    Lenny is in Kona for work so I tend to drink when I am alone??!!!! Plan is to do some yoga after work and take it from there :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    last night was too much wine. But I was so chill that it was worth it. we shall see what today brings.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0...maybe! See how the evening goes. I have some stuffs to do, so it could really go either way!