Like Minded Lushes - June 2017

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wine again. Not as much as Tuesday night but still too much. The weekend cannot get here fast enough.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I was going to be good this week...but I haven't been. Oh well! It's a holiday weekend coming up anyway! I plan on hitting the gym for the first time in about 3 weeks tonight...wish me luck!

Monday - 5 beers
    Tuesday - 3 beers
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - I will have wine
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    This week is crawling by :s
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-BOURBON..too much bourbon. Hurting a little today, but I will survive. Lenny gets home this afternoon and we are going to grab some pizza and beers :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - I just felt like drinking. So I finished off the bubbly from the weekend (about 1.5) and made a big cocktail and took to the pool. Then I had a cider.
    Yesterday I cracked a cider around 4ish, then had 3 more at the concert plus 2 beers. I actually got another beer out when we got home and contemplated not opening and ended up splitting it with Eric.

I was thinking a 0 tonight, but it's Daphne's last day of swim class so we'll probably have to celebrate. :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Off to LA. It's a partying crowd and I hope to not go crazy with the drinking...I just can't deal with feeling like crap the next day.
    Hope everyone has a great 4th! :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Have fun in LA! How cool!

Tonight my hubs and I will get pizza and beer after I get off work and then we just plan on hanging out for the weekend. I really prefer staying in as to going out to parties anymore. Plus, with all the fireworks I wouldn't feel right leaving my sweet doggy at home scared out of her mind!

Happy 4th of July weekend, Lushes!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Not too bad of a week for me. Could have been better, could have been worse!

Goodbye June- and hello to July!

Enjoy the weekend!
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF lushes. Happy 4th and all that that entails. It just might be a vodka soaked watermelon type of weekend. I am off until Thursday so wooo hoooo.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW I HAVE BEEN LUSHY. It all started with that post-race beer and spiralled from there...
    Back on track today. The race was great - we managed to take a half hour off of our time from last year! No injuries, other than the usual bruises and scrapes. The getaway was wonderful, a much-needed break. Now back to stress city at work, interspersed with vacation days. Goal this week, zeros for Tue, Wed, Thu (since I already blew Mon oops).

Happy 4th to my US lushes!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've been earning my lush status for sure. Time to try to do a better job of moderating. I'm officially in fat shorts and not happy about it! :o This week I am trying for 2 0's (got one yesterday) and next week 2 0's and 2 days with 2 or less drinks.

Our 4th was fun. I worked till 1 Monday, off Tuesday and Wednesday and back to reality today. We had a social activity every day from Friday through Tuesday, so it was nice to eat leftovers and snuggle on the couch with my kids and Eric watching the new Beauty and the Beast last night.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Saturday I drank a whole bottle of wine over several hours but other than that I've been doing well.
    Got some good news re: the MIL...her bone and CT scans were clear! So we booked a September vacation but in the meantime time to get back into a good routine and drop some more lbs.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Eric and split a bottle of wine and I had a seltzer after last night. But we declined an invite for drinks from our neighbors so I'll consider that a success.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sydney- that is great news about your MIL! WooHoo!
    I have seriously been very lushy lately and I really need to moderate much better. That is the goal for the week....

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I spoke too soon...back in hospital with MIL. She was trying to kill a spider in the bathtub (which she doesn't even use) fell over onto the plunger/drain stop thingie and ripped open her eyeball. Emergency surgery to try to save her eye and vision. She survived surgery fine (my biggest worry) but she's most likely lost her vision. Further testing next week.
    So yeah I'm drinking, not exercising and eating like crap :|
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    OMG! I'm glad her scans were clear but terrible on the eyeball. Hope she is OK!

I actually did pretty good this weekend. I was in bed by 11 Friday AND Saturday and never had even the slightest hangover. I drank the most yesterday, but actually stopped drinking when we got home from a summer concert in the park around 9. I feel so much better today than I did last Monday. Hoping to log maybe a couple 0's this week. At least one tonight.
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sydney, that sounds awful! Hope your MIL is ok. That's a big scare.

Well, I've been away for a bit. Busy entertaining and that means eating and drinking.. a lot. Today is a zero day. Need to give my liver a rest.

Good news is that I am loving kayaking. We moved to the mountains, near a lake and we bought kayaks and have been spending a lot of time out on the lake. Good workout! Trying to get back on track this week. My son and his GF coming this weekend so there will be wine.

Hope everyone is good.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got a 0! Maybe another tonight?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Not doing well. Doug has been sick since the Sunday before the 4th. He is week from lack of food and I am just so tired from the struggle with him and with Bodi. I have been drinking too much so I feel like crap too. Today I am just sitting here at work struggling not to break down in tears. My best to all.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Kayaking is awesome Gwen!
    Robin, try to take care of yourself. We put ourselves last when caretaking for other's. I know this too well. I'm going to come up exercise goals for myself to combat stress. I poured a 2nd glass of wine last night but didn't drink it.